Canon [part 2]: A cycle of tragedy

After that incident, I would always lock myself in someplace and sulk all night until my eyes are swollen,but

SLAM!

-inhale, exhale-

I saw Chad at the doorway...

"Leave me alone!" I shouted at him.

"Hey, that's mean! I've been searching for hours you know" he demanded.

"I didn't ask you to look for me!" I defended.

"-Sigh- I know I said you're cute when you pout but...but i don't like it when you're sad...Come on."

As I continue to sulk, he grabbed my hand. I was defenseless back there so it wasn't that hard to grab my hand. He ran and since he was holding my hand, I run too.

Finally, we stopped. He pointed to the sky as we laid on the grass...For the first time I was able to enjoy gazing at the stars since normally I would be either inside the hospital or already asleep.

"Wow! There are so many stars!" I exclaimed.

"Just as I thought..."he intended it to be a whisper but he said it aloud.

"Did you say something" I asked out of curiosity.

"You know, you're cuter when you smile"

As I heard him said those things I felt that my face was getting hotter and my face was turning beat red. Chad noticed.

"Hmmm...Your  face is red.........Ah! Don't tell me you're blushing?"

"Huh? No way!"

"Hahaha so cute! I've decided" Chad said while smiling.

"What?" I sounded irritated.

"I want to be with you forever"

"Huh?!" 

"Wah! You're face is getting redder!" he said teasingly.

"Don't joke on things like that" my face still beat red I said it a bit serious.

"I'm not joking...I'm serious. I think you're really cute, and I want to see your cute expressions always. So in order to do that, I need to be beside you forever. Also, I'm going to protect you so that I don't need to see you sad again..." he unexpectedly was serious when he was saying this. He look so inspired.

We enjoyed each other's accompany.

We had lots of fun and because of that we lost track of time....

It was late when we decided to go home.

He walked me home but when we got there the gate was locked, there were glass shards in the entrance...I guess, he's still mad at mom and decided to throw things and eventually forgot about me. I almost cried again....But suddenly Chad covered my eyes. He really knows when I'm about to break down.

"You don't need to see these things. I told you that I'd protect you but..."

Even though he covered my eyes and can't see what his expression is...I felt warmth through his hand, He was worried about me. 

But tears just came out of my eyes...

"I'll let you cry today. But this will be the last time that I'll let you cry, I promise" he continued.

He let me cry until I was able to calm down...Also, Chad's parents let me stay at their house overnight...We both slept on one bed. Chad's parents were fine with it. It's not like we'll do something inappropriate, besides, we're still kids. Also, Chad's mom gave me her clothes when she was small...she sure kept her things neatly...Suddenly...

"Hey, still awake?" 

"Yeah. Why?" 

I thought he was already asleep so I was kind of surprised.

"Come with me...."

"Huh?" I was confused.

"No questions! Just come with me..."

Since I wasn't sleepy, I decided to follow him...

We sneaked out of bed and I silently followed him behind. We went in this one BIG room and inside it was a piano...

"Wow! So big! Hey, can you play it?" I asked out of amazement.

"Well, of course. Earth to you. Would I bring you here if I don't know how to play it?" he said it sarcastically. 

"Well, You have a point" I agreed.

"Come, sit beside me"

"Ah,sure."

There was an awkward silence, but it was immediately breaked when he said:

"Somehow I can't sleep so I thought I should play the piano and since you're awake I thought you could listen to it. This is my favorite piece..."

He started playing the piano. It was calming. I've never heard someone played the piano but I know he really put his feelings while playing the piano.

"You're really good." I said as a compliment.

"Oh? You think so?" he thought I was joking.

"Yeah! And that piece was really calming....I felt like I was smelling lavander..."

*It was said that lavender can calm a person*

"Yeah, that's why I like it"

"What's the title?"

"It's Canon. Canon by Pachelbel"

*Canon (piano piece) by Pachelbel(Composer)*

"Canon.huh? Someday I'll learn how to play the piano! And I'll definitely play that piece!" I said really excited.

"Umm...I can teach you the basics...." he recommended.

"Really? Thanks." I said really happy.

"You're always welcome" he said with a smile.

And so after some small chit-chats, we got sleepy so we decided to sleep....