36: The Attack and The Aftermath

Emma's P.O.V

Today's the day we attack the prison. I've never been more nervous in my life. If anything happens to any of those people back at that prison it'll be all my fault.

The lady yesterday wasn't wrong though. Good thing I'm a pretty good liar. They seemed to have bought my story. There's no way I'm fighting on their side. I'll stick with my family and hopefully be able to stay with them when I'm done.

If I know my people they're most likely thinking up a plan of some sort, I hope they are anyway. I wish there was some way I could warn them, but I can't think of any good plan.

I've failed my most recent one, I haven't been able to talk The Governor out of anything. Instead, I'm on the wrong side of this fight.

Daryl's P.O.V

The Governor made it clear that today is the day he will attack. He must've told Rick when they were talking.

We have a plan. None of us will show ourselves, there will be smoke bombs involved along with guns and a lot of fake gun shots.

Carl, Beth, Judith, and Hershel will be out in the woods, but remain close by. The Governor is not gonna win this fight.

Emma's P.O.V

The Governor has every able body going to the prison. I will make sure that no one from the prison gets hurt. Even Merle, and it's pretty obvious but I don't like him too much. He's family though.

My mom can't go, she's lucky she doesn't have to. She has a natural birth defect where she was born club footed. The Governor won't let her fight.

She was the only person who would've had my back too. I've also learned they're three people here who tried to get in with our group at the prison. There's two really nice people, but the other guys just a dick.

Tyreese and Sasha, they're brother and sister. They're really nice, I'm pretty sure I can trust them, they seem like good people.

"Hey, Tyreese, Sasha. Are you guys not fighting?" I asked.

"No, we feel much better just staying back." Tyreese said.

"Are you? Aren't those your people?" Sasha said.

"I am, but they'll understand. Plus, if anything happens to my people there, I'll know. I don't want to go on not knowing." I said.

They nodded in unison.

"Plus, if my people need me I can help them out." I whispered. "Please don't tell anyone I said that though." I continued to whisper.

They nodded.

"Time to go, get in the truck asshole." The man from the front gate said.

"Thank you." I mouthed to them.

"Y'know, you should stop calling me asshole, asshole." I said to the guy as I got into the truck.

We then proceeded to drive off to the prison.

When we got there it was abandoned. No one was there.

"Emma, you're gonna navigate us through here." The Governor said.

"No, I'm on your side but I still got people in there. Those are my people. Don't forget the reason I came to Woodbury." I retorted. No one will make me fight against my own people.

Then the other guy who tried to get in our group stepped up. Claimed he knew his way around, not as good as I did though.

We entered the door that took us to the room where the guns used to lay on the table. They're all gone now. The cell block door was wide open. So, we went in there.