30: The Locket

Emma's P.O.V

Before we left I decided to put on my locket for the first time in a while. I put it on, tucked it into my hoodie that I had brought with me all the way from my house, and went outside.

We had the car all packed up and we were about to leave, I hugged Daryl before I left.

Before I got in the car Merle had something to say about it.

"Better be careful there little brother." He said.

"And why exactly is that?" I asked with a huge amount of sass.

"You might accuse him just like you did with The Governor." He said.

"One, he's my father you dumbass. Two, The Governor actually did the things I accused him of. You know that. Your ole' pal is a fucking psychopath!" I shouted at him, he then was completely silent.

I got into the car and Rick, Michonne, and Carl joined me.

"Are you okay?" Carl asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine as long as I'm away from him." I said.

Its kinda odd, Merle never shuts up but whenever I start yelling at him he just does.

Nobody was really saying anything. We were just sitting in silence going down the road. Michonne was driving, Rick was in the passenger seat, Carl was in the backseat behind Rick, and I was in the backseat behind Michonne.

There was a pile up on the road and Michonne tried to drive around it. She got stuck in the mud. Suddenly walkers appeared out of no where and began swarming the car. Rick pulled out his gun and said "Cover your ears" so we did and he shot the walkers.

We got out of the car and used some method Rick had where he would put sticks and gravel under the tires for traction eventually getting us out.

As he put the stuff under the tires a man came running towards us begging us to stop. We didn't though. We just got in the car and drove off.

We were driving for quite a while, still in silence. As we were going down the empty road there was one man who just so happened to still be alive. He had a huge orange backpack on and he was shouting and pleading for us to stop. I think it was the same guy who wanted us to stop when we got the car stuck.

We didn't stop, we didn't even talk. We just kept going along as we were.

Not too long after we arrived in King's County. The city Rick, Carl, and I used to live in. I didn't live in an as good of place as them though.

We were walking through and we saw a lot of 'threats' on random buildings. We ignored most of them though. We walked further into the town.

There were a bunch of traps set up to get walkers stuck so they'd be easier to kill.

First, we went to the police station just like when Rick and I were here with Duane and Morgan, except this time we weren't showering, just here for the weapon since we were so low and needed them back at the prison.

I can't help but wonder what happened to Duane and Morgan. They never met up with us and I don't know if they went to Atlanta or not.

The gun locker at the station was all cleared out.

"Theres other places to check, might not be as many as were in here but-" Rick was saying but was cut off by Michonne.

"We need as many guns as were in here... ammo too." Michonne retorted.

"Yeah we do, but right now I only got a line on a couple... Theres a few places down on main street. Bars, liquor store. Owners had a gun or two behind the counter that the people didn't know about, but I did, I signed the permits... They might still be there... Do you have a problem with that approach?" Rick asked Michonne as Carl and I were trying to find something... anything and eavesdropping.