62: Reunions

3RD PERSON P.O.V - INSIDE THE TRAIN CAR

Everyone was still working on creating their weapons.

There were snarls coming from everywhere outside, though, with the snarls there was gunfire. Almost as much as the snarls, but not quite.

Sasha suddenly stopped working on her weapon and focused on Eugene.

"Whats the cure, Eugene?" She began.

"It's classified." He answered.

"We don't know whats gonna happen." Michonne butted in.

"You leave him be." Abraham ordered.

"We need to keep working." Maggie added.

"Yeah, but its time to hear it. 'Cause we don't know whats coming next." Sasha said.

"What's next is we get out of this." Tara answered.

"Even if I told you all, even if I provided step-by-step instructions complete will illustrations and a well-composed FAQ and I went red-ring, the cure would still die with me." Eugene explained.

"I'm not gonna let that happen." Abraham added.

"The best-case scenario, we step out into a hellstorm of bullets, fire, and walkers. I'm not fleet of foot. I sure as hell can't take a dead one down with sharp buttons and hella confidence." Eugene said.

"Yeah, but we can and we will." Michonne retorted.

"You don't owe us anything. Not yet. But we just wanna hear it." Sasha stood up.

"You don't have to." Rosita finally jumped in and added her input.

Eugene thought for a second, and then stood up. Everyone paid attention.

He looked around and began, "I was part of a ten-person team at the Human Genome Project to weaponize diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made, information shared. I am keenly aware of all the details behind fail-safe delivery systems to kill every living person on this planet. I believe with a little tweaking on the terminals in DC, we can flip the script. Take out every last dead one of them. Fire with fire."

"All things being equal, it does sound pretty badass." Eugene continued.

"So lets get back to work." Maggie pushed.

There was banging on the door and everyone jumped up to their feet.

They realized it was Rick, Glenn, Daryl, and Bob coming to get them out of there.

"Come on! We fight to the fence!" Rick explained.

Rick jumped down and began shooting.

Daryl's P.O.V

Everyone jumped out of the train car, using their make shift weapons to take out the walkers.

I looked around, hoping something had changed and Emma was back in the train car, but to my disappointment, she wasn't.

Immediately, everyone started fighting off walkers.

Rick seen Carl first then I spoke up. "Come on. Lets go!" I said, not in a mean way, but I'll admit. I am bitter about it.

I ran for a walker, one lunged on my side, I pushed it away and I stabbed the one in front of me in the head.

The walker to the side of me, I swung my pole around and smashed it's head in.