Chapter Four: The Cheer Practice From Hell

Phee, Jaz, and Will grabbed her and dragged her out of the cafeteria and to the Tourney Field. "Great... another day of taking orders from a wannabe princess,"Jasper laughed, dressing in his practice uniform.

"We should be used to seeing as she's, unfortunately, been captain since the second half of freshman year,"a new voice entered the locker room. "But we still complain everyday."

The trio chuckled. "Welcome to our pity party, Lucy!" The beautiful blonde-haired cheerleader was their friend Luke's older twin.

She came in followed by Alyssa, Aladdin and Jasmine's daughter, Ruby who was the daughter of Roger and Anita Radcliffe, and Bonnie daughter of the Blue Fairy. Esme, Jasper, Will, and Lis were friends with most of the cheer team. Said team consisted of: themselves, Alyssa, Ruby, Bonnie, Audrey; Penelope, daughter of Pinocchio; Krystian, son of Kristoff and Anna as well as Jasper's cousin; Henry, son of Happy; Erica, Ariel and Eric's daughter; Teresa, daughter of Tarzan and Jane; and a few other girls and boys they knew from around campus.

"Don't forget about us!"Ruby pouted, pushing her glasses up. Against popular belief, she was incredibly loud and really funny.

"Nobody could forget you, Rue,"Lis gave her a side hug. "You have too much energy to go unnoticed."

The eight teenagers laughed. "If that isn't the truth I don't know what is,"Alyssa praised.

Audrey then burst into the locker room, already dressed, and glared at them. "Let's get a move on if you please!"

"Let's get a move on if you please,"Henry teased quietly so only they could hear.

They all got out to the field which was completely empty except for the cheerleaders. "Alright people, into positions."

"Ugh,"most of the team reluctantly followed her instructions. The reason people joined the team was so they could do the cool spins and flips and jumps. But Fairy Godmother forbid any type of obnoxious moves, which was also why Audrey was captain.

Usually, the squad voted for the captain so that was what they did. Every single person, besides Audrey, voted for Felicity. She was one of the best cheerleaders on the team and a natural leader. However, when the Headmistress walked by practice one day, she saw that they were doing cartwheels and back handsprings and basically everything she was against. That led to Fairy Godmother making Audrey captain.

"Today we are going to start with our yelling. Last week's game was going a little slow,"she said in an overly happy voice. "Let's face it ladies and gents, we sucked. There was no pep, no cheer! This is a cheerleading squad with no cheer! So we are going to cheer as loud as we can, got it. Yell!"

"Uhm, pardon me?"Penny raised her hand shyly. "I was just wondering......"

Audrey growled. "What?!"

"She was just going to ask, how are we supposed to practice cheer when there's nothing to cheer for?"Erica stepped in front of the cowardly girl.

Bonnie agreed. "Usually we practice when the Tourney team does, but as you can see.... they aren't."

"Shouldn't we be having real enthusiasm?"Will added.

The prissy girl huffed. "I don't know!"

"What she means is, we need to raise some spirits,"Felicity encouraged, taking the lead. "To do that, we need to raise our voices." Only some people were getting it. "Alright! When I say 'to raise some spirits' shout as loud as you can 'we raise our voices'. Ready?" They confirmed. "To raise some spirits-"

"We raise our voices!"they shouted.

Lis smiled. "I can't hear you!"

"We raise our voices!"they repeated.

"Louder!"she responded.

"WE RAISE OUR VOICES!"they said, louder than before.

"One more time, ladies and gents!"Felicity laughed.

"WE RAISE OUR VOICES!!!"the squad practically screamed.

The blonde applauded them. "Well done. Keep that energy going and the sun will be envious. Get some water, and then we'll do some real cheering."

"What was that?"Audrey scowled.

"It's called being a captain, maybe you should try it sometime?"she smirked proudly and walked off to join her friends by the bleachers.

Jasper patted her on the back. "That was awesome Lis!"

"And standing up to Audrey! That was the best part!"Rue cheered, grinning ear to ear.

Krystian shook his head. "Princess Pinkalicious had to get taken down a peg."

After the water break, they got back to the field. Audrey had stomped off the field in a childish fit of protest so Felicity, with much urging, took over practice.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Esme, Gem, Lis, and a few of the other girls walked together to their dorms afterward. Felicity opened the door and flopped down on her bed tiredly. "Tough day?"Emmalyn asked, wandering out of the bathroom.

"I told Audrey off, which is usually all good fun, until she decides that she wants to act like a toddler and leave the practice that I remind you, SHE orchestrated!"Lis ranted, tying her hair up in a bun. "I'm so tired that I wouldn't mind if the Evil Queen came in here, handed me a poisoned apple, and let me sleep for all eternity!"

"Well we have the rest of the afternoon,"Emma chuckled. "Sleep."

"My plan exactly,"Lis got comfortable and was out like a light.

That was how she was for the rest of the day. The following morning, she woke up to Emma standing over her bed. "You've been asleep for almost thirteen hours."

"Blame Audrey,"the blonde stood and stretched. "I'm taking a shower." She rushed into the bathroom and quickly washed, and dried her hair.

Emmalyn helped her pick out her clothes which included a knee-length lilac dress, a thin black lace sweater, her signature black beanie, and knee-high black lace-up heels. She braided her hair and did her makeup before grabbing her bag. "Ready to go?"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

They hurried down to breakfast just in the nick of time to grab a coffee and a muffin. Their friends approached them. "Where have you two been?"Riley questioned worriedly, though more towards his sister.

"Our kingdom's sigil may be the sun, but I most certainly do not rise with it,"Lis sipped her coffee.

"Go easy on her,"Will said gently. "Two hours in the grueling Auradonian sun leading cheer practice is tough work."

"Agreed,"Gemma nodded. "The heat yesterday was rivaling with Agrabah."

Alistair cocked his head to the side. "What happened?"

"Audrey happened,"Esme crossed her arms. "Need I continue?"

"I heard,"Luke smirked. "You told off that priss like a champ."

"I'm going to kill Audrey if she walks off the field again,"Lis grumbled angrily, resting her head on her brother's shoulder.

Riley smiled softly and kissed his sister's head. "You'll be ok, baby sis."

"Doubtful,"she frowned and picked up her bag. "But I've got to get to math or else I'll have my head served to me on a silver platter."