Chapter 7- Occasions

Chapter 7

“Earth to Azze. Earth to Azze!”

“Wait. What?”My gaze darted to Shaira.

“I said I’m inviting you to a party!” Shaira said gleefully and twirled around my room.

“Party?” I asked her not remembering any occasion.

“Yeah. It will be the 2nd anniversary of my wedding!” She said as a smile beamed on her face.

“Oh. I’m sorry I forgot but I’ll still go.” I said to her and plopped down on my bed.

“Bringing any date?” She asked and wiggled her eyebrows. I just remembered Lee and his perfectly eyebrows, both perfect.

“I don’t know.” I asked and turned my gaze away from her.

“Okay then.’ She said. “I’ll go now. I’ll still make some arrangements about the party. Bring a date if you will and don’t forget our gift. Okay? Bye.”

I nodded and waved goodbye at her. She left the house and I was left all alone.

A date? Could I bring a date? The first person that went on my mind was Lee Pace.

“Could you go on a date with me?”

I remembered what Lee said the other day.

Should I text him and invite him?

“Could you go on a date with me?”

But if I’ll invite him, I may sound desperate and clingy. Ugghhh, what should i do?

“Could you go on a date with me?”

I finally made a decision and started texting him on my phone. Here goes nothing.

To: Lee

Hey! There’s a party this weekend. Wanna go with me?

No. That’s not it.

To: Lee

Hey. Are you busy this weekend? There’s a -

NOPE.

To: Lee

Hello, handsome! Let’s go to a parteyyy!!!

Erase that.

I sighed and just called his number instead. My heart thumped and praise the Lord, I’m so nervous.

Riiing-Riing-Riiing

After a couple of seconds, he finally answered. God help me not to embarrass myself.