Chapter 23: An excuse to hold you

~Riley's POV~

"I can't believe you're going on a date with Joey!" Emily squealed and I covered her mouth with my hand.

"Shh. He is right across the hall. I said taking the towel off of my head and letting my long brown hair cascade down my back. Sliding on a pair of high waisted black jeans and a blue shirt that flowed down which I tucked in. I put on a light grey/ blue looking jacket on over. Instead of putting on a pair of black heels like I usually would with this outfit I put on a a pair of black vans. Brushing out the tangles in my hair I let it flow down in its usual waves instead of doing anything special with it.

"My look fabulous. Joey is going to drop his pants as soon as he sees you." Rachel said and Emily nodded in agreement.

"He is going to drop his pants?" I repeated laughing but they only nodded.

"Just you wait." Rachel said before Emily gasped.

"I have the perfect hat to go with that outfit!" Emily said rushing out of my room. I decided to start applying my makeup, adding on some eyeliner and mascara and a little bit of light pink lip balm.

"I don't know why girls take five hours to get ready these days. I mean I just took forty-five minutes." I said and Rachel nodded.

"Every time I read a fan-fiction on Wattpad and their is a date the girl always takes hours to get ready. I mean what takes them so long? Do they decide they want to take a nap and go get their hair and nails done? I mean c'mon!" Rachel ranted. I decided to tune her out when Emily came back in. She handed me a black fedora hat that didn't have the ribbon on it. I put it on and looked in the mirror giving one last look and checkedthe digital clock that said, 7;03.

"Your late!" Emily said and I shrugged.

"He'll live" I said.

"Rachel, are you still talking?" Emily asked her and Rachel shut her mouth giving a small closed mouth smile and we all chuckled.

"You know the most recent book I read on Wattpad was this book about a model undercover as a schools nerd. That was one good book." Rachel said nodding her head. "Oh and The Assistant by chocolateluvaaxo.I recommend that book to both of you. Actually it got published so you can even buy it on Amazon. That book brought tears to my eyes from laughing so hard. It was that amazing."

"Okay Rach we can talk about Wattpad another day." I said rolling my eyes and grabbing my black purse. "Don't wait up for me. I don't know when we'll be back."

"Bye bæ." Emily said as I was walking out the door and I stopped in my spot and turned around sending her a cold glare.

"If you ever call me bæ again I will go all hunger games on your ass and smash your face with a brick." I told her and she cringed.

"Sorry! Bye Riles!" Emily said and her and Rachel waved goodbye. I peaked in Joeys room to see it empty. Heading downstairs I found him leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets. Joey was wearing a grey dress shirt and white pants with a pair of shoes that I wouldn't be able to tell you the name of.

"Hey." I said sending him a smile.

"Hey Riles! Ready to go?" Joey asked me and I nodded. He grabbed his keys and we headed out to his 2012 Ford Mustang.

"I will never get over how perfect this car is." I tell him and he just replied with a nervous smile. Getting in the car I noticed Joeys hand was trembling.

"Joey, what's wrong?" I asked him stopping his hand from putting the key in the ignition.

"Nothing." He replied and I rolled my eyes.