Chapter Seven

~Riley's P.O.V.~

To say today has been awkward would be a understatement. Rachel and I are still not talking. Emily and Joey just sat there whispering to each other the whole time at lunch while Rachel and I glared at each other from across the table. Detention really sucked because I was the only one in there and Jesse didn't end up showing up. So yeah my life has been just peachy.

"Riles, can't you just say you're sorry?" Emily whined for the millionth time.

"I have nothing to say sorry about! I mean c'mon Emily, You know I didn't exactly choose to be a agent and to grow up at the age of 12 and I was just looking out for her! Both of you may not understand yet but when you get into trouble because you didn't follow the rules of this agency, two things could happen depending on what you did wrong. First, you could get brainwashed and then get kicked out of the agency or second, you could get the death penalty. So which would you like to happen to your friend?" I asked with my arms crossed and Emily frowned.

"You're right. I can see you were looking out for her and I would rather her live and not get brainwashed or have the death penalty." Emily said.

"You have to stop her from going on that date Emily. If you don't, I'll have to report it." I said quietly with my arms now uncrossed.

"Why would you have to report it?" She asked.

"Because I'm the mission leader. Matt may be in charge of all the gadgets and stuff but, if someone went rogue or something like that, I would have to report it. If I didn't I could lose my job." I said.

"Don't worry Riles. I'll make sure she doesn't go on that date." Emily said nodding her head determinedly, I nodded and she ran out of my bedroom.

I decided I would take a nice relaxing bath before I went to bed. I stripped out of my clothes as the water started running but not before I grabbed my pajamas. Which consists of a pair of adidas shorts and a black t-shirt. I locked the bathroom door and slid into the nice warm relaxing water and sighed in relief.

Ten minutes later, I was stepping out of the bath tub due to the fact Joseph was pounding on the door. I wrapped the towel tightly around me and my hair before peaking my head out the door.

"Yes, Joseph?" I snapped.

"You and I have a mission to go on." He said and I sighed.

"One minute." I said and shut the door. I quickly dried off and put my pajamas on then stepped out of the bathroom.

"I thought we were good for the night and Matt is gonna keep watch on the dealers?" I asked with a raised eyebrow while sitting down on my bed with my legs crossed .

"Yeah, he is but this is a extra mission Cole assigned. Just you and me for tonight." Joey said sitting down next to me.

"Well so much for taking a relaxing bath, reading for a while, then going to bed." I said. I know what you're thinking, an agent wants to lay around and read? Well yup. I love to read on this app called wattpad when I have time. Anyways, which as you can see is rare.

"Sorry Riles, you know if you really don't want to go I can go by myself." Joey offered.

"Puh-lease. You would get killed in 5 minutes." I smirked

"Ha. Ha. Very funny Riley." He said sending me a playful glare and I just gave him a cheeky smile.

"When should we leave and what is the mission exactly?" I asked. I wasn't use to Cole sending us on side missions during a big mission so there had to be something related to our current case in this.