Chapter Two: Meeting Gangsters

Vote, Comment, and Enjoy!! 

Dedicated to Ewisha for being  the first person to comment on this story!! 

(OFFICIALLY EDITED) 

Chapter Two: Meeting Gangsters

                There was something about half naked guys running across the field that made you feel a little better about life. I was sitting on the bench watching my brother’s tryouts. Usually I would be doing homework at the back of the library, but considering the fact it was the first day of school and I had nothing else to do. I wasn’t complaining though. I got to watch the hottest guys in school, without looking like a stalker. As the drool was escaping my lips, I could feel someone hovering over me.

                I looked up to witness the friendliest person, Sareen. The girl was half of my height, but she had the most imitating stance that could scare a seven- foot football player. As I studied her, I realized that she looked more scared than I did.  She gently lowered her bag next to me and cautiously sat there. I raised my eyebrows, but decided to avoid the awkward situation that had presented itself.

                I heard a throat clearing next to me, but I decided to ignore it. Then I heard it again. I slowly turned my eyes towards the victim. “I’m sorry for being a bitch, earlier this morning.” She said as if she was struggling for the words to come out.  “It’s just people here treat you differently, and I didn’t expect you to say anything to me. I thought you would ignore me like most of the people at this school.” She confessed as if she were ashamed at the fact.

                “People treat everyone differently at this school, only if you aren’t rich, white, and blond.” Sareen started laughing and shaking her head in agreement.

                “Preach it sister!”  I couldn’t help, but smile. Her guarded self slowly disheveled in front of me.  “Well…what brings you to the soccer field?”

                “Well you know, I love to creep around and stalk hot guys in my spare time.” I know I was joking, but I felt like at the same time that statement contained some truth. I could never get a jock. For god sake I couldn’t even get a decent guy. I guess, I could view the candy from afar, but I just couldn’t purchase it.

                “As much as I encourage you to stalk which will lead to a restraining order, I think it would be more fun to hang out with me and my friends.”

                “I thought you were a loner.” She just smiled at me and grabbed her bag.

                “Let’s just say all the loners at this school, come together and hang out.” A loners club. I am surprised I didn’t know about this before. Considering the fact that I spent half of my life alone. I guess I was more antisocial than a loner.

                “I guess having more than one friend wouldn’t hurt.” I said sarcastically, but inside I felt happy. I was excited at the fact that after the accident I was coming out of my shell. It felt nice to feel like me again.

                “Two. You have me and that hippie British chick.” Sareen said smiling down at me. I shook my head and grab my bag following her out of the bleachers. As I looked out to the field, to see my brother giving me his ‘brotherly’ look. I think me and Josh shared a spiritual connection. We had a twin telepathy going on.

                What are you doing?

                I am making a friend.