Prologue: A Criminal Record

Please vote and comment. Read author's note at the end. I am sorry for any grammar mistake or spelling mistakes.

(OFFICIALLY EDITED) 

 Prologue: A Criminal Record

            “You know you should wear silver jewelry more often. It really brings out the color of your eyes.” That moment when you have the urge to strangle someone’s neck and watch them die a slow and painful death was the moment that I felt would do justice right now; and it was also something I wanted to try on my brother.

         “This is not a fuckin’ bracelet! This are handcuffs, you idiot!” I tugged at my wrists, but was dismayed to only find myself restrained to a jail cell. Even though I was the "smart" sibling, I still believed if I tugged hard enough, the handcuffs would snap, which is completely illogical.

         “But still you look really nice with them on. Has anyone ever told you that silver is totally your color?" I snapped my head towards my brother and I could feel steam blowing from my ears.

            “I swear to god, Josh, I will take a knife and stab you in the throat multiple times if you do not shut up”, I hissed.

        I was a criminal. I was a frickin’ criminal and I wasn’t even legal to be in an “adult” jail. I was officially a delinquent child who would never be able to get into an Ivy League school just because I was born a triplet. It wasn’t because I was a rebel. Nope. It was because I always got entangled into my brother and sister’s lies and parties. I was the angel between the two devils, and this is the price I get for helping my siblings.

        I was stuck in a jail cell with creepy old men with exactly four hours before school started in my Mickey Mouse pajamas. And this all happened because my siblings thought it would be a splendid idea to throw a party.

        “Rose chill; honestly this is your entire fault”, my sister spoke while picking at her French manicure.

        “My fault? Are you really that idiotic?” I stared at my sister’s freshly cut blond hair and her dress short enough to be a T-shirt. This only made me envy her, even though she dressed provocatively.

        I guess when God decided to make all three of us, he used up all the good looks and athletic genes by the time he was making me. I was nothing compared to my siblings. Sure I was smart, but that didn’t really do anything for me. Josh and Becca were honestly the golden children. You know, the typical boy or girl next door, and I was the sad stereotypical geek you found behind the garbage can during lunch. They both had nice blond hair and bright green eyes with their tall and lean figure, while I inherited my mother’s features with brown frizzy hair complimenting my short height and stubbiness. They were soccer and track gods, being able to run miles. The only thing I could do athletically was read fast. They were socially acceptable with their group of friends, while I tended to be in the corner of my room with only one of my friends who is also named after some sort of plant.

        “If you hadn’t told the police that it was our house they wouldn’t have arrested us. Aren’t you, I don’t know, supposed to be smart or something?”  She was really going to put the blame on me. I honestly had the urge to take her stupid nails and poke her eyes with it.

        “You know what else is common sense? To not have alcohol, or even have a party!” We continued to bicker back and forth like two monkeys until we heard the voice that we dreaded the most.

        “You know it’s every uncle’s dream to find their nieces and nephew in a jail cell while one of them looks like a hooker, the other a drunk, and the innocent one looking like she just woke up.” All three of us snapped are heads and chuckled nervously.