Cripple: Chapter Seven(part two) - pic of Ava and Bella

Elizabeth's day just kept getting worse. First, the stupid bitch-leaders lock her in a closet, Stefanie gets in a fight defending her and now she gets a text from her boss at the library, Kayla saying they don't need her to come into today.

Stefanie got Saturday detention for hitting Ashley but Mrs. Compton had told Principal King about Ashley's rude remarks and bad attitude and Ashley received in-school suspension until Friday.

Mrs. Compton also agreed to be a witness if Ashley's parents tried to sue Principal King for taking disciplinary action against Ashley.

After making sure Stefanie was okay, Amber and Elizabeth went to Mr. O'Brian's history class. When they got there they found out that class had been dismissed because the new history books hadn't came in yet so Amber and Elizabeth decided to go to the football field and talk.

"So I think Jesse has a crush on you.", Amber said as she lay on the turf .

Elizabeth shook her head. "We're friends. I feel so bad that there's been so much drama for him and everyone since I started school here."

"Hun, it isn't your fault that Erika and Ashley are jealous bitches. Besides, you should feel lucky. Jesse's gorgeous and it's obvious he adores you. Why don't you go for it?

Elizabeth was silent for a few minutes and then said, if I tell you something do you promise to keep it just between us?

"Of course.", Amber replied.

So Elizabeth took a deep breath and took Amber about Eric. She told her everything. When she got to the part where Eric called her a cripple she Elizabeth started to chock up but quickly forced the tears back. "After that night I swore never to let my heart be broken again."

"Do you still love him?", Amber asked.

"No. ", Elizabeth didn't even hesitate, "but I don't ever want to have a heartache like that ever again. Last I heard, Eric and Mia had married and were excepting a baby."

Elizabeth looked down and Amber asked, "What's wrong Elizabeth?"

When Elizabeth looked up she had tears misting in her eyes but she smiled weakly, "I don't love Eric anymore. At least not the man he became in the end. I'll always have a special place in my heart for the few good memories we did have because he was my first love. I don't know...I guess I feel cheated still. I'd always wanted to have husband and babies and instead of me getting them, he gave my dreams to her. Does that make sense?"

Amber got up and wrapped an arm around Elizabeth's shoulder, "Yeah, it does. Eric is an idiot. Elizabeth you're great and one day you'll find a guy that will true love you for you and not care about the wheelchair or anything. If a guy really loves you he'll take you as you are and not try to change or pressure you to have sex until you are ready. He'll treat you as if you're the most important thing in his life. That guys out there somewhere, and all you got to do is find him and be brave enough to let him get close to you".

Elizabeth smiled," Someone's been reading to many romance novels", Elizabeth teased.

Amber laughed. "Hey, prince charming could be right under your nose, ya never know.

So Amber, you got a last name or did you drop your last name like Reba did?", Elizabeth asked jokingly.

"Jacobs.", Amber replied.

Elizabeth's phone rang. Amber raised an eyebrow when she heard "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin start playing. "What? It's a good song.", Elizabeth said as she answered the phone.