Cripple: Chapter Two (pic of Jesse)

The minute Elizabeth went into three year olds' play room at Loving Hands Day Care, Skyler spotted his big sister. "SISSY! SISSY!", the little brown hair boy exclaimed happily and jumped into his sister's arms hugging her. Elizabeth held her baby brother tight and breathed in Sky's little boy smell,of  sweat, dirt and a hint of chocolate mixed with the Snuggle detergent their mom used.  

"Hey buddy, she said, kissing his chubby cheek, "you ready to go?" 

Sky's face filled with worry and his eyes grew wide, "Sissy you never come get me till nap times over. Why you not at your big school?" 

"Its okay buddy, Sissy just had a bad day and needed one of your big hugs." 

Sky hugged her tightly and when he was pulling back he noticed Jesse standing beside Elizabeth watching them. "Who are you?", he asked Jesse.  

Jesse bent down to Skyler's level, "Hi little man, my name is Jesse.", he stuck his hand out and shook hands with Sky's little one. This seemed to delight Sky. "I'm Skyler. I'm three". Sky held up three fingers. "Why are you with MY Sissy?", Skyler asked wrapping an arm around Elizabeth, who was trying not to laugh while waiting to hear Jesse"s response.

"Well Skyler, Jesse began, I go to school with your sister and she's my best friend," Jesse looked up at Elizabeth to see she had an expression of utter shock on her face. He flashed her his trademark smile and turned his attention back to Sky. " Boy Skyler I sure could go for a burger and chocolate shake right now. What about you? 

All Sky needed to hear was chocolate and he was off of Elizabeth's lap in a flash to grab his book bag and say goodbye to his friends Landon and Ethan.

Jesse and Elizabeth waited for Sky, both laughing at the kid's mood change at the mention of chocolate.  

"You don't know what you just got yourself into. That kid is a hurricane when he gets chocolate in his system.", Elizabeth warned laughing

" I think I can handle it. Two five year old sisters, remember?

Elizabeth nodded. "So I'm your best friend huh?", she teased knowing Jesse only told Sky that to make the kid feel safe.

"Yep, you sure are Bethie. You're stuck with me now."

One look in his eyes and Elizabeth knew Jesse was telling her the truth. Before she could say anything, Sky ran and climbed on Jesse piggybacking him, " Let's go Jesse I ready to get a chocolate shake".

Jesse laughed " Okay cowboy", he said, "let's go".

***

"You play football?!", Sky asked as he took another sip of his medium sized chocolate shake. Jesse had insisted on getting it for Sky instead of the "kiddy" size. Elizabeth had tried to warn Jessie that just the smallest amount of sugar made Sky bounce off the walls, but Jesse said he'd help her watch Sky and assured her everything would be fine.

"Yep, I sure do little man, and if you're good today maybe Beth will let you come to the game tonight with us."

Sky looked confused, "Beth who?"

Elizabeth and Jesse both started laughing and Elizabeth explained so that Jesse could finish his burger since he hadn't had a chance to because Sky was asking him a question every five mintues. "Sky, Jesse means me," She wiped his chocolate covered face with a napkin.

Sky started laughing and turned to Jesse and said, Her name isn't Beth silly. It's E- Liz-A-Beth.", Sky said.

Jesse wink at Elizabeth. "I know but to me she's Beth", said to Sky. " Finish your burger little man and if it's okay with your sister you can go play in the tunnel mazes".