Chapter 10 - The Birthday

Ryan just stared at the collar for a few more moments, and I pouted. "Don't you want to put it on?" I ask, and he lifts his gaze up to meet mine.

"This is what you were shopping for the other day?" He queries, disbelief clear in his tone.

"Yeah! Isn't it awesome?" I exclaimed with a large grin.

'You like it, don't you Fluffy?' I question mentally.

'Of course.' Fluffy responded instantly, before hesitating. 'Maybe it's best if we don't wear it out in public, though. I don't want people thinking I'm just a large dog.'

I huff, annoyed. "It's not that bad, is it?" I question Ryan with a pout.

He looked at he and hesitated, before sighing with a slight smile. "Of course not. I'll wear it for you, because you want me to, but not out in public," he conceded, and I squeal happily.

"Great!" I say, wrapping my arms around him and kissing him quickly. "You're the best, Ryan! Here, let's put it on!"

Before he has a chance to protest, I take the collar from him and quickly do it up around his neck. I sat back and tilted my head slightly, contemplating. Then I grin.

"It's perfect! It's suits you really well!" I say, pleased with my choice.

Ryan smiled and shook his head in fond amusement. "Is this my only present?" He asks.

I shake my head with a smile, tapping his nose. "No. I could only get you two presents, and your other one's a surprise. You'll find out what it is at lunch time," I inform him.

He raises an eyebrow, "Oh? I don't want much. Just you," Ryan says sweetly, causing me to giggle, and he leans forward and captures my lips with his in a gentle kiss.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Ryan takes off the collar before we leave the house, and I grab my wallet and the keys to the house before grabbing his hand and leading him out the door.

He tries to ask questions about where we are going, but I stubbornly keep quiet and tell him he'll find out when we get there.

This sends him into a semi-sulk, and it's truly rather adorable. I drag him onto a bus, and then another bus, before walking.

When we get close, I turn to him and instruct, "Close your eyes. We're nearly there and I want it to remain a surprise until the very last moment, okay?"

"Okay," he grumbled, closing his eyes, and I stole a quick kiss before taking both of his hands and carefully leading him the rest of the way.

I speak quietly to a person behind a desk, slide over two tickets, and lead Ryan through the crowd and up some steps. He's evidentially insanely curious, but I wait until we're seated before saying excitedly, "Alright, open your eyes!"

He opens his eyes and gapes as he looks over the football field. I'd managed to nab us some pretty awesome seats, and Ryan seems speechless.

"Woah. How did you manage this?" He asks, finally tearing his eyes away to look at me.

I smile smugly, pleased. "That's a secret," I tell him, then ask shyly, "Is this okay?"

He grins, finally, and wraps his strong arms tight around me, pulling me close and kissing my head. "It's perfect," Ryan assures me, warmth evident in his tone.

We sit together and watch the game, Ryan's arm around my shoulder and me leaning against his strong side. We have hotdogs for lunch, and when the game is over we stop for take away Chinese for dinner then head home.

We collapse into bed, tired and happy. "Thank you for the wonderful day, love," Ryan murmurs, pressing me close to his body and kissing me gently.

"A wonderful day for a wonderful mate," I reply, then yawn. "Goodnight, Ryan."

"Goodnight," he replies and we kiss gently before falling asleep.

// A/N: I know it's short, but I wrote this on my phone, and it's all I can come up with at the moment! Sorry! //