Chapter 9 - birthday Part 1

I leaned closer to Ash's ear, ignoring Ryan's sulking expression. "It's Ryan's birthday tomorrow, and I have no idea what to get him!" I whispered into her ear, not wanting Ryan to hear.

She grinned, turning and covering her mouth so Ryan couldn't lip read. "Why don't you get him a collar? It would soo suit him!" She whispered, barely containing her laughter.

I threw back my head and laughed. I could see Ryan in a collar, with me walking him with a lead. Ryan scooted closer, and I shot him a glare. He scowled angrily, going back to his tree.

It was after school and he was waiting for me while I talked to Ash. "Will you come with me to the shops to pick one out?" I asked.

She laughed," I wouldn't miss this for the world!"

I grinned. "I'll be back!"

I skipped off to Ryan, who brightened. He wrapped me up in his arms and I laughed. He kissed me gently and I smiled. "Me and Ash are going shopping." I told him.

"AND YOU CAN'T COME! NO BOYS ALLOWED!" Ash shouted helpfully from behind me, making me laugh.

Ryan growled unhappily, and I tapped his nose with my finger. "You heard her! Besides, we shouldn't be too long. I'll be home in time for dinner!" I told him softly, running a hand through his hair before running back to Ash and waving goodbye to him.

                                            *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I laughed at the bright pink collar Ash held up with a smirk on her face. I shook my head and she pouted.

One caught my eyes and I held it up and looked it over with a critical eye. It was pure black and the stitching was silver. I held it up for Ash to see and she looked it over appraisingly. "Yup. Definitely that one!"

I grinned and walked over to the pet shop counter, taking out my purse. The old lady grumbled. "Fifty five dollars." She practically snarled.

I handed over the money with a smile and thanked her as she handed me back the receipt. I walked out of the store with Ash rolling my eyes. She stifled a giggle. I looked and the clock and my eyes widened. It was 8o'clock! Ryan and I had dinner at 6!

Oh well. He could wait, it was a girl's night! We walked over to the Donut King and ordered to dinosaur donuts and I got a mint super shake while she got a chocolate. We laughed loudly, earning glares from other shoppers. We sat at one of the tables and commented on the guys that walked past. "Hey, look at him! He's pretty cute!" Ash exclaimed, pointing to a blonde haired guy with pale skin.

"Nah, not that cute." I commented, looking around.

"Oh, what about him? He has nice abs." I said, pointing to a short, brown haired guy walking around with no top on.

Ash whistled. “Mmm, he does have nice abs~” She told me, winking flirtatiously at the guy,

He blew her a kiss, winking. Ash blushed and I laughed. We both took a drink and scanned the crowd.

“Shit!” I yelled, panicking slightly. OK, maybe I was majorly panicking.

I pointed at the guy and Ash paled. “It’s Ryan!” We both yelled in despair.

“Quick! Give me the collar! I’ll shove it in my bag!” I told her in an urgent whisper.

She quickly shoved it at me and I shoved it deep into my bag, burying it with other stuff.  Ryan swung his head around and we both ducked under the table, praying he wouldn’t find us.

After a couple of minutes, we peeked out. Not seeing Ryan anywhere, we breathed a sigh of relief and sat back on our chairs.

We started checking out guys again. I pointed one out. I saw Ash choke on her drink and pale. I stupidly ignored her reaction. “No, what about him? He’s pretty cute.” I stated, pointing.

Then I noticed the shadow looming over us from behind. I gulped, feeling myself pale.

I am in so much trouble.

I slowly turned around and looked up at him. He was glaring down at me angrily, his face like a storm and his eyes hard.

I managed a small smile. “Hi!” I squeaked.

His glare deepened. Oh shit. He was so pissed he wasn’t even going to say hello. He grunted. “Come on. We’re going home. Now.” He growled angrily, grabbing my arm and lifting me up.

He was surprisingly gentle considering how pissed he was. I sighed in defeat and waved a goodbye to Ash, you sent me a sympathetic look. I grimace.

This wasn’t going to be pretty…