Where it all Began part 3

Where it all Began

1997

"Okay, you're not a demon" Dean said as he put the flask if holy water back into his pocket.

"Demon?" Edward copied. Dean nodded.

"Yeah, demons bad" Dean made a disgusted face which made the boy laugh.

"Demons...bad..." Edward copied Dean's words and face. Dean laughed at the boy.

"Hey, the language barrier is coming down! I just need to sign everything" Dean sighed as he opened his silver switchblade. "What I'm about to do is going to hurt" he mimed on his own arm that he was going to cut him. "Ow" he looked into the boys golden eyes, hoping he would understand.

"Why?" the boy asked in his language. Guessing at what the boy asked, Dean did his best to continue explaining.

"Demons bad" he made the same face as before. Even though the silver wasn't for demons, Dean didn't want to go explaining shifters or werewolves to the foreign boy. Edward narrowed his eyes and slowly returned his arm to the young man. Dean sighed, grabbed the boys' arm gently, and ran the sliver blade across his forearm. Edward hissed in pain. When Dean stopped, the cut was barely an inch long.

"There. See, not so bad" Dean smiled as he pulled out a handkerchief while the boy glared at the young man. Dean wrapped the handkerchief around the cut, grabbed the boys' other hand, and set it on top of the cloth.

"Hold" Dean commanded as he stood from his car and walked around to the front of the car. There wasn't much damage just a medium sized dent in the front and a few scratches. The engine was still going so it could still drive. After fiddling with his necklace a bit, Dean began to push the front of the car but found it wouldn't budge.

"The hell?" He muttered. Walking away from the hood, he slid into the drivers seat, shifted the impala into reverse, and got the same result. Looking out at the back wheel, he saw the backend was covered with mud.

"Shit! Great!" Dean cursed as he hit the wheel in anger. He sighed and motioned for the boy to come closer.

"This is going to be hard to understand but you have to listen to me," Dean said as he signed the best he could so Edward would understand, "when I do this," he held up a thumbs up, "you press this button," pointed to the gas pedal and pressed it slightly with his foot, "do you understand?" Edward was quiet for a minute.

"You," Edward mimicked the thumbs up, "I press button" he pointed to the gas pedal, "with my foot" he pointed to his shoe. Dean nodded, tied the handkerchief around the boys' arm, and walked to the front.

"Okay..." Dean muttered as he got into position. Giving the boy the thumbs up, Dean pushed against the hood while Edward was flooring the gas. Dean heard the tires spin and mud splash but he kept on pushing. Suddenly, the car moved and was free, but, this sudden movement caused Dean to fall head first into the mud. Looking up, he watched the impala to continue to speed backwards.

"Aw, shit!" Dean hissed as he stood up and ran for his car while shaking the mud off his face and body.

"Stop!" He shouted towards the boy but he didn't understand him. Frightened, the boy took his foot off the pedal and tried to steer the car.

"Help!" He cried out. He turned the wheel sharply to the right, which caused the drivers door to swing open farther.

Dean took this chance and ran fast towards the the car. Before the car could go anywhere else, Dean jumped through the open door and landed in the passenger seat and on top of the boy.

"Quick, get the back!" The teen commanded one he got situated, jerking his thumb towards the backseat. Edward nodded and scrambled over the seat. Dean scooted into the drivers and slammed on the brakes. The teen sighed and slumped in the seat.

Edward popped up next to him with arms crossed and resting on the front seat.

"Hi" the boy smiled as if both boys were not in danger and seconds before. Dean chuckled, ruffled the boys' hair, shut the door, and shifted the car into drive. Looking back at Edward, Dean nodded towards the seat next to him. Edward nodded and climbed over the seats again and next to Dean.

~~

The house that Dean and his father with investigating was a couple hours away from their hotel. Dean looked at his wristwatch and saw that it was nearly dawn. He had another two hour drive ahead of him.

"Sam, you better be asleep when I get there" Dean muttered as he reached to turn on the radio but noticed that Edward had fallen asleep with his head on his thigh. Being the big brother that he is, he rolled his eyes and left him alone. But it wasn't long until the boy started talking in his sleep. Dean couldn't understand the boy but he did make out one thing.

A name.

"Alphonse..."

Who's Alphonse?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: oh my god! I would love to see fan art of these two right here! It would be so cute!

And the reason why Ed learning English so fast is because he's a genius and he's listening to deans words closely.