Where It All Began

A/N: before I start this, I should tell you how this is going to work.

This story doesn't have a straight and simple storyline...it's sort of a ball of wibbly-wabbly timey-wimey...stuff.

For those who aren't Doctor Who fans, one chapter could take place during season one and the next could be in season seven. But the main storyline does take place during season eight and nine but there are lots of points where we leave the main storyline and go into the past and it may not even be the full episode. Also there will be confusion with the point of view, that's just going to be everywhere, sorry!

Anyway, this'll be the last long Author note! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where It All Began

1997

"You go upstairs and I'll take down here. Go, Dean!" a man in his early fifties ordered his seventeen year old son.

"Y-yes, sir!" Dean spoke like he was a soldier reviving orders from a commanding officer. Shotgun in his hands, Dean crept up the stairs. When he reached the top, he slowly opened the first door to the left and pointed his gun inside. Nothing but rotting carpet and peeling paint. There was a closet with a broken mirror on the far side of the room that was opened.

"This must've been the kid's room" he muttered as he walked on the wet moldy carpet. "This is so gross!" he grumbled as he reached the closet and looked inside. There were only a couple rusty hangers in it. Sighing, the teen made his way out of the room and continues search the other three rooms.

About half an hour into the hunt, Dean heard voices. He didn't recognize either of them but they both sounded like they belonged to young boys. Dean inches quietly towards the first he looked in when he first arrived upstairs and saw two young blond kids. The youngest, probably nine or ten was yelling at the older, who was ten or eleven.

“You did this to me! You let daddy hurt me!" the younger boy shouted. The other one responded but it wasn't English.

"You let daddy kill me!" suddenly, the older boy was thrown up against the wall by an invisible force and he was struggling to breathe.

"Hey!" Dean shouted as he took a step in and shot the younger boy in the head with rock salt. The ghost disappeared into smoke and the boy fell to the ground, gasping and coughing for air. Dropping his shotgun, Dean ran to the boy in concern. He always had a soft for young kids where we're caught up in the supernatural unwillingly.

"Hey, hey, are you alright?" he asked as he sat the boy up. When the boy finished his coughing fit, he opened his eyes and Dean gasped in surprise at his golden irises. The boy said something but Dean didn't understand him.

"I-I-I'm sorry, I can't understand you but I'm Dean," he pointed to himself, hoping the boy would understand.

"D-Dean" he pointed to the teen. Dean nodded.

"Yes, I'm Dean!"

"E-Edward" the boy pointed to himself.

"Your name is Edward?" guessing at what Dean said, Edward nodded.

"Ok, we got names down, now we have to get out of here" He looked at Edward and that he was confused. "I'm...here...to...help...you" Dean said slowly but didn't make any progress.

"Fuck this" Dean hissed as he scooped the boy into his arms, which Edward didn't like much, and ran towards the door. But he was stopped by ghost. Dean went to shoot it but realized he dropped his gun and couldn't get it.

"You let daddy kill me and you shot me!" the ghost roared as Edward and Dean flew back against the opposite wall.

"Dad!" Dean shouted before he felt his windpipe starting to close. Dean clasped his hands around throat gasped for air. He could hear Edward doing the same thing. Darkness began to creep into his vision and he felt his eyelids beginning to droop.

"Dean!" a male voice shouted. A gunshot shook the air and Dean and Edward fell to the ground, coughing for air.

"Get your gun and the boy and get out of here, Dean! Now, Dean, go!" Dean's father, John, shouted as he scanned the room. Obeying his father, Dean picked up Edward and his gun and ran down the stairs and outside.

When Dean reached the family car, a 1967 Chevy Impala, he placed the small blond in the backseat.

"Stay" he commanded the boy before running back to the abandon house.

But when he reached it, the house was up in flames.

"Dad!" Dean cried.

"Dean, get the hell out of here! I catch up!" looking up, he saw his father shouting from one of the second floor windows.

"But,--"

"No 'buts'! Go, Dean!" John ordered as he disappeared with in the house. There was small jingle. Looking at his feet, he saw the keys to the Impala. Reluctantly, Dean picked the keys up and ran back to the car. He slid into the driver’s seat and drove off.