Meeting Faith

Meeting Faith

(During Season six)

July 10, 2010

"Hey, Kelly! Just a coffee, please!" I Said as I sat at the counter of the local diner in town.

I'll be right with ya, Fayth! I just need to serve this young man" she smiled as she exited the kitchen with a plate of scrambled eggs and hash browns. I nodded and let her do her job. "Here ya are, sweetheart!" I heard her set the plate down at one of the booth tables.

"Thank you, ma'am" a new voice spoke. We live in such a small town that it's very rare for people to as much as stop here.

Slightly startled by this fact, I slowly turned to see this new person whom I didn't see when I first entered. When I turned, I saw Kelly was blocking my view of him. All I could see were his hands putting an old book on top of the local newspaper and his right picking up his fork.

"As long as you are staying in town, you can call me 'Kelly'. Alright, sweetheart?"

"Well, that's good to know because you may see me in here a lot" I could hear the laughter in his voice.

"And why's that, Hun?" Kelly asked as she placed her left hand in the table and leaned on it, now hiding the new man completely.

"I can't cook to save my life" Kelly laughed at this and threw a quick glance at me.

"Well, lucky for you, Fayth just walked in the door. Fayth, come over here, please?" she said, looking back at me. I nodded, slightly wide eyed, and walked towards the stout waitress. When I approached her that was when I got my first look at him. He had long golden blond hair that was pulled back in a neat ponytail. He was older than me, not by much, maybe a year or two. He was a very handsome man. The only strange thing about him was his eyes. They were a dark gold.

"Fayth, this is-"

"Alphonse. Alphonse Smith" he jumped in as he stood up and held out his right hand. Smiling, I placed mine in his.

"Fayth Carter" I said as we released hands.

"Anyway, Alphonse, Fayth here is a brilliant cook. I bet she can teach you a thing or two about cooking!" I could feel my cheeks burning from embarrassment.

"Come on, Kelly, I'm not that good!"

"'Not that good'? Fayth, whenever you fill in for Henry, I can't get anyone to leave! Especially when you make pie!" she continued to praise me. The man, Alphonse, was chuckling at us.

"Please stop" I muttered.

"She moved here two years ago. Poor thing, fresh outta college and no job-that is, until we saw her hand at photography"

"You take pictures?" he asked. I nodded. "May I see any of them?" he smiled. I could now feel my ears burning.

"Just look in the newspaper! All the local photos are all her!"

"Kelly, quit yer gossiping and serve the customers!" a low gruff voice shouted from the kitchen. Turning, we all saw that it was Henry, the cook.

"Sorry, I have to go now! I'll bring you your coffee soon, Fayth" she assured as she left.

"I'm sorry about her. She's been tryin' to hook me up with someone for months now" I blushed as I smiled at the man.

"It's fine! Want to sit?" He offered the seat across from him. I took his offer and sat across from him.

"So, you took these?" he asked while sliding his paper from underneath his book. I nodded, still blushing. "They're very good! Where...where was this one taken?" He asked as he pointed to a picture of a field.

"That's a couple miles out of town. I taken a lot of pictures there because no one owns it's and it's beautiful in the summer" I smiled as I looked at the photo.

"This is going to sound random but...have you seen or heard anything strange there?" He asked. I gave him a strange look.

"Like...what?" I asked.

"Like an animal that doesn't belong" he said. I shook my head.

"Not that I can think off" I said.

"All right, thanks" he smiled as he took one last bite off his food, threw a twenty on the table, and stood up to leave. "It was nice meeting you, Fayth" he waved as he left the diner. I sat there for a minute before running after him.

"Fayth!" Kelly called as I left. I ignored her as ran after the man.

"Alphonse!" I called. He turned around, confused until he saw me.

"Yes?" He asked. I panted when I stopped in front of him.

"When...when do you want to...have those cooking lessons?" I asked in between breaths.

"What?" He asked.

"I can teach you how not to burn water, if you want" I smiled. He thought about the offer for minute and nodded.

"Why not" he smiled.

"Great!" I cheered as I dug in my purse for a pen and scrap of paper. I sound a black pen and a small notebook.

"This is my address and cell. Call or text whenever you can" I said as I handed him the paper.

"Will do. See you soon, Fayth" he waved and continued down the street. I smiled, sighed, and turned back towards the diner.

~~

That night

I was running.

I was running as fast as my legs can carry me. I dodged trees and their roots. I could heard growls behind me. They sounded inhuman and whenever I look behind me, all I see is glowing blood red eyes.

Suddenly, I tripped over something and crashed to the ground, scrapping up my arms and legs. Panting, I slowly turned to see the creature standing over me. It raise its razor sharp claws and just before it could kill me, I awoke.

I awoke screaming in my bed in my tiny apartment. Panting, I tried to calm myself.

"It's just a dream. It's just a dream. It's just a dream..."