MY IDOL BOYFRIEND - Chapter 22

CHAPTER 22

JEAN POV

            Another month passes by just like that after I broke up with Hyun Seong. I am back to university as new semester starts, also back to staying with my families. That day upon  reaching my apartment, I called Canny, my best friend, which she came straight without asking anything, probably because my voice is shaking and hoarse. She knew something must have happened. My tears came back when I saw Canny in front of my door. She listened to every word I said and I’m grateful about that. Canny assures me that everything will turn out to be okay and she would probably do the same if were in my place. I couldn’t stop thinking of Hyun Seong face when I said I don’t love him. I could see shock and hurt in his eyes.

            Canny helped me with my luggage when I decided to moved back home. I knew mom wanted me to and I don’t feel like protesting anymore. The owner of the apartment feels reluctant to keep the keys when I hand them back to her and keeps telling me she will always welcome me if I change my mind. I knew the truth is she is worry if the apartment would be able to rent out, who might be the next occupant, plus would she be able to receive the monthly rental smoothly as I always pay the rents on time.

   When I went back home the next day, mom looked at me questioning me what is with the luggages. When I told her I’m moving back, mom was literally shock but couldn't hide how happy she was. She assumes I would go throwing tantrums if she brings up the topic. Well, staying with my families could make me forget Hyun Seong at least a little. When I told her that I would still want to work at the café, during my semester breaks, mom agreed right away afraid I would leave again. It’s not like I’m not coming home at all. I still want to work at the café although it hurts me, because the place screams Hyun Seong. I can’t stop remembering the happy times we spent there. Times where Obsidians first visited the café and how I ruined Hyun Seong jacket, every time he came to see me, my heart wouldn’t stop thumping loudly which I’m afraid he would hear. He loves it when I made coffee for him and tells me to make a heart shape on the foam, also often ask me to try making new drinks and would be gladly be the first person who tries them. Now what are left are just memories that I would treasure forever. My sisters kept bugging me about Hyun Seong and I had to tell them there is nothing between us, not even friends. I once snapped and they finally stop prying. I cried almost every night to sleep. I hated myself when my heart pained so much whenever I thought of Hyun Seong. I hated myself for falling so deep for him when we just dated for not even a month.

            I stare blankly at the whiteboard waiting for the class to start as the lecturer is usually 15 minutes late. He said so that when he enters, all the students should have reached. I open my diary book and start scribbling not noticing someone standing next to me.

            “Excuse me, is this place taken?” he asks. I shake my head and quickly take my bag away from the chair. I smile to him which he returns. I smile to myself noticing he’s handsome and continue scribbling. I look at my watch which only 5 minutes passes meaning 10 minutes more before the lecture reach if he’s on time.

            “The lecturer should come and start early so he could finish the class earlier,” the guy sitting next to me mutters. I laugh at his remark and he adds, “Don’t you think so too?” I nod.

            “I’m Boon. Nice to meet you”

            “I’m Jean. Nice to meet you” I giggles when he’s making a face to remember my name.

            “I actually saw you quite a lot in campus but never got a chance though we have quite a few classes before,” he says.

            “Really? I never notice”