MY IDOL BOYFRIEND - Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20

JEAN POV

            The stylists are busy beautifying the idol with all different types of cosmetics I never seen before. I look at Hyun Seong amusingly as one of the stylists applying the final touch of BB loose powder on his face whiles the other stylist styling his hair.

            "Handsome?" Hyun Seong asks looking at his own face on the mirror. I nod earning laughter from the stylists.

            “I look the most handsome after all the makeup is done,” he adds grinning.

            “Sin-Je,” Eunmi calls me. I turn behind to see her grimacing at me.

            “The concert is about to start, do you know that?”

            “Yeah,” I reply smiling at Hyun Seong who is done with his make-up now.

            “Meaning, you have to be out there with the crowd if you wanna watch the show”. I mouth an O as Eunmi roll her eye. I wish Hyun Seong good luck and follow Eunmi to one of the seated area located quite far from the stage. The whole stadium is filling with fans each holding grey stick lights and banner. It looks magnificent from the view here.

“Aren’t you needed at the backstage? To erm, reapplying and styling them later?” I ask.

            “There are other stylists so don’t you need to worry. Quiet, the show is starting”. I pout and look at the stage. The stage went completely dark for a moment, and then as spotlights flash down upon the members, they surface from the bottom. Fans scream with enthusiasm seeing the idols finally appears and starts performing.

            “Aren’t you worried about Hyun Seong?” Eunmi finally speaks after a lengthy hour of shows. I wave the glow stick from side to side given by one of the fans seated next to me. Obsidian is now singing a much slower ballad song. I swear all the fans are mesmerized by their romantic voices.

            “Sorry?”

            “Look at all the fans around you. What do you think they would react after finding out about you and Hyun Seong?” I stare at Eunmi and then at the crowds. She didn’t let me say a word when she starts speaking again. “Do you want to see his career goes all the way down? He just debuted about 2 years and now it’s just the beginning. Do you want to see Obsidian goes down just because of you?” I look at every member on the stage that were smiling and waving to the fans.

“I.. No”

            “If you’re thinking that why is it alright for JunYoung and Hara to be together, she’s different? Okay, there do have fans that felt disappointed and sad. But there are too who gives their best wishes to them. That’s because Hara is an idol just like them. But, you, you’re just an ordinary girl”. I never ever thought anything of that sort of what she just said. I never once compare myself with Hara. That is so mean.

            “Hyun Seong works very hard to be these far and there are still a long way for him. I know how much he wanted this. I always saw him in the studio just to make everything perfect. I don’t want this to ruin him. I don't want him to regret. The fans, him, you, everyone would end up getting hurt”. She looks at the front with stern face before speaking again.

“I know I have no right to say this thus ending your relationship. But, think about it Sin-Je ah. I don’t want to say this but one must let go”. She looks at me.