EPILOGUE: FINALLY YOURS...

SOME MONTHS LATER…..

“Have you any news of him today?” asked Kate as soon as he got home. It was becoming a habit now. Every evening it was the first question his lovely wife asked him. Before she even asked her how was his day.

Kate had recovered from her minor injuries and he was thankful that she had managed to escape the evil intention of Bryan Stafford. Aidan knew it was something that was bothering her. The fact that her brother-in-law was still out there somewhere. But he did not believe he was a threat anymore. He had wanted money and he knew there was no way he would get a single penny from them now.

“No. The police are still looking for him. But frankly it’s been a while now and I’m sure they will drop the search. Bryan is a clever man and he would never dare show his face again. Stop worrying about him and come kiss me,” he said smiling at her.

Without waiting to be asked twice, she ran in her arms and he had to brace himself against the impact. He grinned.

“Now that’s so much better for a welcome. So what have you been up to today?” he asked kissing her playfully on the nose. Kate was not working. Alex had banned her from office since the past week. And Aidan had approved.

After their honeymoon, she had been working like a machine and had fainted in the office once or twice. Alex had taken the matters seriously and had asked her to take a few weeks off. Of course she had protested but her family could be a remarkable army when affronted and Kate had no other choice than to give in meekly.

Aidan had been over the moon especially when he had discovered that Kate had occupied her free time by starting to write a book. Writing, Aidan had discovered over the last week was her passion. There was not a situation or a moment where she did not come up with poems and rhythms.

Sometimes, he would be in an important conference call and Kate would send him the sweetest and most romantic words ever which would make his heart melt all over again. And made him want to leave everything behind and go to her. Sometimes he resisted but most of the times it was too hard for him to resist her.

“I’ve already figured out the story so far. I have started on chapter one today,” she told him. “Would you like to read it?”

Damn! Did he have to? He was such a lousy reader normally but romantic novels were really not his cup of tea. Hell the last time he had read a book, it had taken him six months to finish it and by that time, he had already forgotten what happened in the first chapters!!

Trying not to disappoint her, he smiled and removed his mobile to quickly change the subject. “I have got something for you. It’s a surprise,” he said winking at her.

“Really? What it is?” she asked gleefully thankfully forgetting the reading part.

“Here,” he said showing her the screen of his mobile. “Here is a community of writers. There are so many talented readers and writers on this website. Try having a look and I think you should post your work as well.”

Kate felt happy that he had bothered to look for something so important for her. It was something she had been wishing to do for herself for a long time but life had always caught up with her. Now living in Brooklyn with Aidan, life was much quieter as she was handling the Brooklyn branch.

Caitlin had joined office to start handling the Manhattan office and Judith was the happiest grandmother on earth babysitting her two wonderful grandsons. Kate was glad that she also had the time to write now. It had been something she had used to do during her teens and she had never realized how much she had missed writing.

She was a natural, she had found out but she had never dared shown anyone her work before. Except one poem she had written for Aidan years ago. But now that Aidan had offered her the opportunity to connect with some of her fellow writers, she could not help feeling nervous about what others would think of her work.

It was Aidan who had encouraged her to start writing. One day she had woken up and had narrated a story to him; a story which had been trotting in her mind for a long time now. Aidan had found in interesting and after he had helped her with some of the loopholes, he had urged her to start on her new project.

Kate had been excited and it was the seventh time she had asked Aidan to read what she had written so far. But she knew reading bored him to death. She did not mind really. Guys were usually so slow sometimes.

And besides, he did help her in his own way. Like he had now by looking for the writers’ community to help her share her work and she might get an opinion if she was really that good.

“Hmm let me see,” she said glancing at his screen. “Wattpad. I’ve never heard of it before. Thank you so much for helping me doing something like that,” she told him sincerely. “I’ve got a surprise for you too,” she told him.

“Yah?” he asked. “Now what more could you offer me sweetheart?”

Without replying, she took his hand and placed his right palm on her belly. Aidan felt confused for a second and then realization kicked in. She was showing him her belly. Her belly!! Which meant only one thing. She was pregnant.

The joy must have been evident on his face because she laughed and she did not even have to confirm it. Of course! That was the reason why she had been fainting in the office. Aidan had taken her to a doctor for general checkup last Monday and she must have gotten her reports today.

Hell, he was going to be a father. It was the happiest moment of his life and he could not stop his grin. “How many months?”

“Two and a half,” she said happily. “I’m so happy love.”

“Me too,” he laughed lifting her up in his arms and whirling her round in glee. “You’ve made me the happiest man Kate. You are the best thing that happened to me. And to think I would have let you go because of my damned ego,” he mused putting her down in case she might be giddy.

“Oh it would have been impossible honey,” she told him confidently and kissed him on the mouth savouring the kiss.

“Oh and why is that?” he asked puzzled at her cocky attitude.

“Because I was always meant to be yours…..”

It was so truly said. She was such a poet at heart. Whatever happened in life, she would have always came back to him. She belonged to him as much as he belonged to her. They were simply destined to end up together. It was what was meant to be.

                                            ***************************************************