Chapter 39

Walking forward as the wedding march played I smiled and slowly made my way forward.

"Stop," a voice yelled. Huffing I dropped my arms to my side the escrima stick that was currently posing as a bouquet dropped to my side.

"What this time," I whined at the girls who had been judging my walk for an hour.

"Your to provocative, it's like your trying to seduce us," Artemis said blankly obviously done with the whole exercise.

"I hate to say it but that's my walk," I snapped back.

"Lady's please let's just take a little break," Dick said coming up to pry the escrima stick from my hand that I was unconsciously clutching.

"Ya I think chars had enough, she might bite one of your heads off if you keep this up," Wally said draping an arm over Artemis. "Besides I need some food,"

"Fat ass," she muttered making me laugh.

"Hurtful arty," Wally stated putting a hand over his heart faking to be sad.

She shook her head but laughed slightly anyways.

We all migrated to the kitchen were we found Lilly talking happily to with a large smile giggling at something Bart said. A small grin came to my face as I watched him zoom around the kitchen making her laugh more. It was great seeing her smile after everything she had been through. The selfish part was that I was happy that there was someone here who had to go through what I had and I could talk to them.

Plopping in the seat next to hers I smiled happily. She tucked herself under my arm reminding me of all the times we had done this in our prison cell.

-Flash back-

The doors squeaked open as light invaded my barely lit cell.

"We brought you a friend Ms. Wayne one of the guards simply stated as he threw a small body in with me.

A whimper escaped them when they landed near me. Crawling closer I looked down at the young girl in front of me.

"No," I whispered as I pitifully looked at the girl. "I'm so sorry," I scoped the girl into my arms and hugged her to me. I hadn't had human contact in a whole year and cherished this moment. Tears slide down my face as I rocked us back and forth.

"Where am I," she cried quietly.

"I don't know," I choked out as I sobbed quietly. "But I'm going to protect you," I swore quietly.

"Why," she whispered.

"Because you don't deserve to be here and suffer what I do. It's not right." I mumbled.

"What's your name,"

"Lilly," she said quietly.

"Charlie,"

We stayed like this till we both faded to sleep.

-

-

-

The door slammed open as Beatle walked in. Scrambling awake I pushed Lilly behind me.

"Hello meat, I'm here for the new girl. You can have the day off," he said with a malicious smile. Lilly whimpered but walked forward bravely.

"No," I said strongly while grabbing Lilly. "I'll go,"

"Char-"

"No Lilly I said I'd protect you and that's what I'm doing,"I stated before walking strongly to the door where two guards grabbed my arms as hustled me to the white room.

-

-

-

Lilly's P.O.V.

I heard a scream come from outside my cell. I tried to cover my ears but the noises of Charlie's pain kept entering my ears. I had only meet her yesterday and she showed me more compassion then I have gotten in 11 years. A cry of agony meet my ear again making tears rush down my face.

Suddenly the doors were opened and Charlie was pushed in. She stepped forward for a second before she collapsed to the ground. Blood seemed to cover her body as she tried to sit.

"Oh god Charlie," I cried scooting closer.

"Don't worry about me kid," she said softly. "I've had worse trust me," picking herself up she put her arms around me tucking me into her. "And like I said I want to keep you safe,"

-flash back end-

In front of me I noticed that someone had lit a small fire on the stove that burned brightly. I tensed slightly and felt Lilly as well. I subconsciously pulled her closer.

"So who all is invited to the wedding," Megan asked breaking me out of my trance.

"Well all the teams a few people outside of the league that know our identities and a couple friends of mine that should actually be arriving right about now." I said with a bright smile trying to distract myself from the flame.

Putting Lilly on my back swiftly I ran to the opening of the cave where there was a window to look out of.

"Right on time," I said with a smirk.

"I don't see anything," Dick said next to me looking at the ground around outside. Putting my finger under his chin I lifted it. There flying towards us were two figures. One with large black wings and leather pants, the other in a gray and green and black suit that hugged to her body. They seemed to fly closer and closer.

"They do realize there is a window right here right..." I heard someone ask.

"Nope," I stated with a laugh and right on that note they ran straight into the glass slapping against it. They slowly slide down it till they pealed of and feel to the ground below. I was currently dying from laughter on the ground.

"Who are they," batgirl asked confused.

"My old team,"

------------------------------------------------

I'm baaaccccckkkkkkkkk

-comment-

-vote-

-charlierose-