Chapter 38

Hello....is anyone there? *wipes dust off* gosh had it really been that long since I've updated. *sneezes from dust* god dammit! Why must I procrastinate so hard! We'll I'm really really sorry so with out further ado the chapter that I wrote in one hour because that's all the time I had!:)

----------------------------------------

Our mission was really supposed to be a simple grab and go but we all know that's just unrealistic. That's why at the moment we were fighting off about 50 guards with only 5 people. I'm sure the rest of the team is dealing with similar problems due to the mind link I heard all of them.

Ducking down I dodged a beam of energy shot from the guns. Shooting forward I round house kicked the man and snatched the gun.

"Let's see how this baby works," I said with a smirk. Looking around I saw my team glance at me.

'Get down!' I yelled into the mind link. They did as directed.

Firing off the gun I spun in a circle a few times. Stopping after a moment I looked around to see the guards scattered across the room on there backs knocked out.

"We'll that's creative," batgirl said with a slight laugh. High fiving gar I dropped the gun and ran in the direction of the rest of the team.

Sprinting down the hallways I caught a weird scent that was oddly familiar. Along with the extra strength I have the ability to smell things that normal people can't. It's not always such a great thing but it helps when you memorize a scent.

"Do you guys smell that," I said stopping in mid run.

They shock their heads no confusion settling on there faces.

"I think it's..." My eyes widened when I realized who it was.

I was running on pure instinct as I dashed through the hallway the team having issues keeping up. I heard their yells for me but I pushed even more.

The rest of the team came in view. They were slowly making there way towards a small girl who was shaking from fear. They all looked ready to pounce on her.

No ones POV

"STOP!" A yell was heard from behind the angry group. Charlie pushed threw a frantic look on her face as she jumped in front of the girl. Taking a defensive crouch she growled menacingly at the group her eyes flashing to red.

"Tweety what are you doing!" Batgirl said shocked when she caught up.

"Don't touch her," was her only reply. Staring down the group for another minute she slowly stood bringing the young girl with her.

"Tweety calm down, we're not gonna hurt her," Dick said inching forward.

A small growl bubbled from her lips but her eyes were turning back to there normal blue.

"Who are you," the girl said shakily looking up at tweety.

"She can't show you here it's not safe they could have cameras," Connor said quickly noticing tweety's hand had went to her mask.

"Come on we got what we came for so let's go," he held up the flash drive for infuses.

They all began the long trek out of the building silently occasionally whispering to one another.

"I'm sorry I growled at you," tweety said quietly using the hand that wasn't already preoccupied to slip into his and squeeze it lightly.

"It's ok," he stated leaning over he kissed her cheek. Getting closer to her ear he whispered. "It was kind of hot," a small laugh escaped her lips.