Chapter 18

Hey guys! I know I'm slacking on updating...but I try to update a lot and writers block is a bit-

Black canary- Charlie! No cussing!

Charlie- sorry aunt canary....

NightWing- ohhhh you got in trouble.

Charlie- shut up or I'm not gunna give you any Charlie time. *gestures
to my body seductively* *ends up looking like a awkward emu*

I own nothing but my OC's so yaaaaaaaaa but I wish I owned something. Well here's the chappy!

__________________________________________________________________

Charlie's P.O.V.

NightWing walked threw the cave and with a blond hopping behind him. His resolve was breaking and he was slowly wondering why he ever got out of there warm bed. But sadly his hyper girlfriend felt the need to get coffee which was never a good idea. She then proceeded to ask to go on the mission that was happening tonight.

"Oh come on let me come!"

"No."

"Please please please Please please please please Please please please please please please please please-"

"No."

"Why not."

"You've never been on a mission with this team. This is also a important one." He said it like it was a fact. Wow way to hold up to you nickname dick.

"You basically just called me a screw up who can't work well with others." I said blatantly giving him a look. Turning around I started to walk away, but he grabbed my arm turning me.

"Charlie come on you know I don't mean it like that."

"Are you sure cause that's what it sounds like." I said snippily putting my hands on my hips. He tried grabbing my hand but I snatched it away glaring.

"Babe.."

"No I get it you don't want me to come and mess up your mission." I stated walking away. This time he didn't stop me. He knew I needed to burn some steam of before he even tried to talk to me. Walking by the kitchen to the training room I saw everyone was inside eating a late breakfast.

"Hey Charlie." Was chorused around the room.

"Not now." I said putting a hand up snapping at then as I walked by. Half were stunned while the ones who knew me turned to NightWing giving him a look.

"What?" He said putting his hands up in defense.

"What did you do?" Connor asked.

"I just told her she wasn't going on the mission."

"Dumb ass." Is all Connor said before he left going to the training room. He knew me to well. "I'll get the training room set up for you Charlie."

"Thanks bubu." I said softly following him sending a final glare to dick.

Walking in I saw that sound wall was set up at well as my cheer mats. Oh just like old times. Back before everything happened Connor used to train with me because well he's indestructible.

Walking right up to the sound wall I let out a frustrated scream that was absorbed into the wall.

"That felt good."

Turning I decided to test out my frequencies. Going as high as I could I shock the cave. Then I let out a roar that could rival a lions that bounced a bit of the sound wall by all the power that was sent back at me. My eyes widened as it hit me sending me to the opposite wall. Holding my head I stood up shacking it off. Connor was on the floor cracking up almost dying.

Letting out a small scream in his direction it knocked him into a wall stopping his laughing. Smirking I went back to practicing my sound waves. Over the years I had found ways to control my screams but sometimes they would get a little out of hand.

Laughter was heard from the corner. The team was all gathered watching me and Con.

Rolling my eyes I went back to practicing aware of all the eyes on me. After another 5 minutes of practice that I stopped and turned to the gym floor walking over to the stereo. I turned the song timber by Kesha and pit bull on blaring it. I had gotten reacquainted with the music of this century the other day and loved all the songs. Starting out I just stretched for a moment the stood.

"Con call it." We used to do this for reflex practice. He would call out a move and I would do it an vice versa.

"Back flip front flip round off back handspring full" I landed the trick perfectly.

"Come on at least make it a little difficult." I whined.

"Just making sure you were as good as you used to be." He said winking. "Back hand spring full tuck twist back flip round off and finish with a toe touch into a roll." Smiling I ran and threw my self into the combo. I finished it smoothly. We continued like this for another half hour before I started to get bored. My stomach also was growling but hey a girls gotta eat.

I skipped happily to the kitchen my anger gone after training. Prancing in I decided I wanted to try and actually cook something.

-1 hour later-

"Ahhhhhhhh fire! Help my Jesus! Help me tom cruise use your witch craft!" I screamed as the fire got larger. I could hear running and yelling as I ran in a circle.

"Charlie! Shit who let you in the kitchen!" Dick yelled grabbing the fire extinguisher and putting out the small fire quickly. Pulling me to him at a arms length he turned me all around checking for a injury of any sort. "Charlotte Rose Wayne what have we said about going into the kitchen and trying to cook" he scolded.

"That I shouldn't with out supervision because and I quote 'can't cook without even catching water on fire.' But seriously that was a one time thing!" He gave me a look. "Ok maybe it happened more then once....I'm sorry." I said softly giving him the pout that has gotten me out of almost everything in life. His eyes softened and he pulled me Into a hug kissing my forehead. "You gotta stop scaring me Charlie."

"Babe it wasn't a big deal it's just a little fire. Like we said before happens a lot." Taking my face in both his hands he held eye contact. His gaze smoldering.

"You don't get it do you?"

"Get what?"

"Ever time you do something deadly
And dangerous or something that could even just scratch you I get scared. No terrified. I can't loss you again, I won't survive this time. You have to be more carful." Realization hit me like a bus.

"That's why you won't let me go on the mission." I said like it was a fact not a question. Putting my hands over his that were still holding my face I squeezed them lightly. "How many time do I have to tell you I'm not going anywhere till you get it threw your thick skull. I'm a hero it's in my blood to do stupid recluse stuff that could possible kill me, but you have to have faith that I know what I'm doing. I'm not gunna go in someplace and almost get killed because I know how it will effect you. I love you too much to do that to you." I said his gaze was filled with love as he connected our lips in a sweet kiss.

"I just love you so much that It hurts sometime." We cuddled into each other for a little whispering reassurance and sweet nothing. Every once and awhile our lips would touch sending waves of bliss threw my body.

"You can come on the mission." He whispered out of the blue. Looking up surprised.

"Really?" I said hopefully.

"Ya. Your right. I can't coup you up here just so you don't get hurt. You'd go crazy." He chuckled.

"thank you thank you thank you." I said quickly jumping up and down putting kisses all over his face and started doing a little dance. His laughs got louder as he spun me in his arms. Beaming up at him I noticed him staring at me.

"What?"

"I just...it's nothing." He said shaking his head and chuckling lightly.

"No tell me." I said my curiosity spiking.

"It's just I don't know how I got so lucky to have you but I don't plan on sitting and questioning my change in luck. I plan on showing you how much I love you every second of every day." Leaning up I pecked him on the lips.

"Ditto."

"Oh Charlie always a way with words my love."

"Oh shove it Romeo." I pushed my hand in his face pushing him away giggling.

"I'll only be Romeo if your my Juliet." He said putting his hands together and batting his eyelashes.

"Oh my god I'm in love with a dork." I groaned out.

"As long as I'm your dork baby."

"What is wrong with you?" I said giving him a weirded out face jokingly. I laughed at our little moment as he hugged me again.

"I love you." He sang out.

"I love you too you freak."

______________________________________________________

Hey guys hope you liked it! Next chapter will be tweetys first mission back. Ohhhhh I wonder what will happen. Comment if you have any ideas of what should happen next or anytime in the book. I love suggestions! Thanks for reading!

*vote*

*comment*

*charlierose*