Decisions

Chapter 21: Decisions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August

I was back on the streets doing what I needed for me and my fam. I was the provider and I was gon get it for 'em by any means.

"Fuck Nikkei! Ill make my own way out deserves streets." I thought.

My phone started to buzz in my pocket. This bitch was blowin' up my phone since I left her apartment.

"Man didn't I say don't fuckin-"

"Boy who you talking to?" My ma yelled into my ear cutting me off.

"Uhh ... wrong person. What's going on? " I asked trying to change the subject.

"Mmmh.... come home boy. We need to talk."

She hung up letting her words linger in my mind.I knew it was sum serious. I hope everything okay.

***Few minutes later***

I walked in the dark silent house. I didn't know what to expect. I found mama sitting in the living room with the tv on mute.

"Sit down!" She snapped

I walked over to the couch, "What's going on?" I asked looking at her face trying to read her.

"August baby ... I know this might not be something you wanna hear but I think we need a change of scenery. "

I didn't know what she was talking about. New Orleans was all I knew. I wasn't bout to go no whea'.

"We ... as in you and the girls. " I silently laughed.

"And you too, Aug. Since Mel passed and AirRen left , you haven't been the same baby I'm worried about you. "

Hearing both their names did something to me. I missed both of them.

I miss not having a brother to talk to. I missed not sneaking into CoCo's room being with her.

But they wasn't coming back and I knew it.

"You right ma I have. Mel's dead and CoCo gone. They LEFT ME! My life ain't bout to change for them. FUCK THEM!"

A combination of frustration, weakness and pain flowed through my body.

I wasn't the same niggah from a year ago but how could I be if shit wasn't the same.

"August you don't mean that." She grabbed my arm.

I snatched back, "No ma! God took Mel from me. He took CoCo from me.

Ion have nobody. I got you and the girls but I want my best friends back."

I was breaking down. I needed someone to love me. Love me like CoCo and Mel did.

I fucked up wit ha and wasn't shit gon change that. And Mel was gone forever.

"Aug, she loves you baby. Just give it time. Don't let go of your dreams because you don't feel like anyone's listening baby.

You have a story to tell and I know someone will listen."

She pulled me into a hug. I had finally broke. Maybe moving was the best thing for me.

Nyla

"Sooo what you telling me is that bitch ass nigga let his hoe answer the phone?"

Ren told me about how she was gon tell Aug punk ass about AJ and Seppie.

And how he had let sum ratchet ass hoe answer the phone niggah was straight up triflin'.

"Yeeeees for the 100TH TIME." She whined as she rocked Seppie to sleep in her arms.

"And your completely over him?" I asked looking at AJ in my arms. I swear this boy mirrored August.

"Yes ... I got bigger shit to worry about Ny. I wanna be a good mom to my kids and I still want to be a nurse. If Alsina has a new girl ... I hope he's happy."

I could tell she wasn't even buying that bullshit she was talking but I wasn't gon push any further.

If she could deal with it so could I. Fuck him.

"Alright boo. I ain't saying nun else about him." I winked.

"So what's up with Kat?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"I'm not sure. She always sounds so down or sum. I'm ready to go back so AJ and Seppie can see her. Shit so I can see her."

"When you going down?"

"Maybe in the next month or so. I honestly don't know."

I could tell she was stressing. Sometimes I feel like Ren wouldn't have any happiness if she didn't have the twins.

My thoughts broke as I heard the front door lock turn open.

"My baby." I whispered to Ren smiling.

"Ayyyy! Whea yall at?" Trey yelled stepping closer into the bedroom.

"I know if you wake them up yo ass gon be the one sittin here on a Saturday night." AirRen whispered cutting her eyes at him.

"Dayum Med School dun dropped that load and got mean."

"Trey bring yo ass on!" I laughed tugging at his tie.

We made our way to his condo he always rented out for his stays in Atlanta.

I missed Trey every time he left me but I knew what I was getting myself into dealing with him.

I wish he would move to Atlanta instead of California.

"I missed you daddy." I said as I ran my hands through his hair.

"I missed you too baby. You gon hate it when I leave for more than a week." He chuckled.

"Trust me I'll be sure to have yo ass not wanting to leave me for too long."

"Ooh you think you got it like that, huh?"

He loosened his tie and unbuttoned his shirt exposing his buffed chest and beautiful artwork . I couldn't help but to help him finish getting undressed.

"Trust me I can show you better than I can tell you."

I unzipped my dress exposing my half naked body. Trey was gon feel how much I missed him. I climbed on top of his lap kissing his plump lips passionately.

"You happy I'm home ma?" He moaned.

I began kissing his neck moving towards his chest allowing him to unfasten my bra hook.

Saying I was happy was an understatement but he was about to find out how happy I really was.
______________________

N00NiEE💙💛