Chapter IX

Admission for chapter nine of "Scorpion's Apprentice" is one comment per person. That is all, enjoy the show!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gato looked up from his teacup when he heard the door open to reveal Naruto. "Ah, Naruto, did you finally decide on my offer," he asked as he lowered his cup. "As a matter of fact, I have," Naruto said as he closed the door behind him.

"Great! Come in and pour yourself a cup of tea," Gato said pleased as he gestured to the pot of tea and an unused teacup on the corner of his desk. "Yeah...I'm thinking about doing something different," Naruto hummed.

Gato narrowed his eyes and his bodyguard got ready to attack. Two red threads shot out of Naruto's fingers and wrapped around the bodyguards' necks. "Now, now. We will have none of that," the puppeteer said in a teasing chiding tone of voice as the bodyguards' face began to turn purple.

With a quick jerk of his fingers, the bodyguards' bodies went limp and were dropped to the floor like discarded ragdolls. "Now, let's have a nice civilized conversation," Naruto said as he casually walked towards the chair in front of Gato's desk. When it looked like he was going to sit down, Naruto passed it and sat down on top of Gato's desk.

"I've heard your proposal already, so now you get to hear mine," Naruto hummed as he casually poured himself a cup of tea. "Fine, what's your offer," Gato said as he crossed his arms.

"Sign your shipping company over to me and you live, how does that sound?" Naruto asked as he slowly raised his teacup up to his lips. "Never, I've worked hard to build this company up to what it is today I'm not going to have some snot-nosed brat boss me around!" Gato barked.

Before he could take a sip of his tea, Naruto stopped half way and lowered the teacup. Naruto frowned slightly and lowered his teacup back onto the desk.

"I'm sorry to hear that," he said before he glanced up towards the wooden beam above Gato. "That should work," Naruto said casually as he pointed his finger upwards and a red string shot upwards.

The string wrapped around the beam and was lowered down towards shipping tycoon. The red thread wrapped around Gato's neck and the tycoon scratched at the tightened string. "You're wasting your limited amount of energy, Gato," Naruto said. "Screw you, you're not getting my company," Gato growled.

Naruto slightly tilted his finger down and Gato was slightly lifted up from his chair. Gato made a choking sound and began to scratch at his throat. "Maybe you would like to reconsider now?" Naruto asked calmly.

"Never," Gato choked out. Naruto shook his head and straightened his finger and Gato landed back down on his chair. "I get it, you're stubborn. You're a businessman, it comes with the territory," he sighed.

Gato coughed a few time before taking a breath. "Help! Save me! This boy's trying to kill me!" he yelled. "No use, they're all dead," Naruto said calmly. Gato stared at the puppeteer horrified and Naruto laughed. "Are you really surprised? I killed one-fourth of your men on the first day I got here, the other three-fourths was just as easy, if not easier," he said. "You monster," Gato growled. "Yeah, it's not like I haven't heard that one before," Naruto said with an eye roll.

"Where's that fool Zabuza when I need him," Gato growled under his breath. "He and Haku are both long gone by now," Naruto said. "Damn it," Gato muttered. "Even if he was here, he wouldn't help you. He wouldn't help you anyways," Naruto said.

"And why's that?" Gato growled. "He hates your guts and he's working with me now," Naruto replied simply. "Damn you, Uzumaki, I will not let you win," Gato growled.

"I have people to see, Gato. You'll be singing a different tone in no time," Naruto said. "Help me! This crazy brat is trying to kill me!" Gato tried again. The doors opened and the Demon Brothers came walked into the room.