Chapter III

Leave comments!!!
~~~~~~~~

"And...done!" Naruto declared as he finished the finishing touches on his puppet. "Uh?" Kurama muttered sleepily as one of Naruto's eyes turned crimson. "This is your big project?" the Kyuubi asked. "Yep! Isn't it beautiful?" Naruto asked proudly.

Laying in front of him was a puppet. The puppet was six feet and one inch tall, white haired, dark sunglasses, a black cloak, standard shinobi pants, and sandals. The lower part of its face was covered with a bandana with the kanji for hidden stitched to it. The puppet's facile features gave off nothing, but silence.

"So, what do you think?" Naruto asked curiously. "Umm...well...it's good, kit. A true piece of art," Kurama said unsurely. "Of course, it's artistic, I made it myself!" Naruto said proudly. Kurama chuckled, "So, what are you going to name it?" he asked. Naruto frowned, "I don't know, myself...I'll have to think about it," he said.

"Okay, kit, you better get to the academy. You don't want to be late," Kurama said. Naruto snorted, "Like I care if I'm late or not," he muttered as he sealed his finished project in a scroll and slipped it into his cloak. "Ether way, kit, you better go," Kurama said. "I have better things than going there. I think I found a way into one of Orochimaru's secret labs," Naruto complained. "Kit," the Kyuubi growled.

"Argh, fine! I'll go, happy?" Naruto said annoyed as he slipped on his sandals and headed toward the academy. "Very," Kurama replied smugly.

~Konoha Academy~

"Let me start off by congratulating you all on passing, but it will only get harder from here. The shinobi world is littered with surprises. So keep your eyes peeled, and your head out of the clouds. I will now start calling out the squads," Iruka said. Naruto sighed and looked out the window.

A few minutes later...

"Squad Seven...Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, and Sakura Haruno," Iruka announced. "Damn," Naruto muttered as Sakura squealed about being on the same squad as Sasuke. "Great, I'm stuck with the squealing fangirl," Naruto muttered. "You're Jonin is Kakashi Hatake," Iruka said. "Double damn," Naruto muttered.

Kurama chuckled, "You're in quite the pickle," he mused. Naruto clicked his tongue annoyed. "Shut it, you damn fox, you're still on thin ice," he growled mentally. "You still sore about that?" Kurama sighed. "Umm...yeah, I am," Naruto growled. The Kyuubi sighed and the mind link went dead.

By the time that Naruto finished his little argument with Kurama, Iruka had finished up calling out the squads and exited the room. Naruto stood up and walked out of the room.

Kakashi Hatake, Naruto knew the name well. Very well. Weirder of the Sharingan, son of Konoha's infamous White Fang, student of the Fourth, and now sensei of Naruto Uzumaki. "There's no way, in the seven layers of hell, that I will ever recognize that man, as my sensei. I already have a sensei, and he's a genius," the puppeteer thought.

Naruto snorted as a scroll fell from his sleeve, and into his hands. "Let's get some target practice in, before he gets here. Does that sound good, Oni?" he whispered to the scroll.

~Timeskip~

Sasuke stared out the window in deep thought. "How could that dope beat me? I'm an Uchiha for crying out loud," he thought. Ever since the Taijutsu exam, Sasuke has been silently fuming at the notion of being defeated by "the clan-less dope." Now he was in the same squad as him.

The universe really did work in strange ways.

"Hey, Sasuke-kun, how about after this, we go get something to eat," Sakura suggested. Sasuke grunted, "No thanks," he answers. "Oh...okay," Sakura muttered sadly.