Chapter V

Alright, you know the drill! The more comments I get, the faster I type! No flames, and please do enjoy!

Next update: The Crow's Apprentice
~~~~~~~~~~

Naruto sat on the floor of the mission administration office, completely bored out of his mind. "I could be creating more puppets right now, if I weren't here right now," he thought annoyed. "Kit, you really need to cool it. I know that you want to continue on your...project, but you need to continue and deal with these people," Kurama said. "Oh shut it, fox. I am not in the mood to deal with your shit," Naruto growled mentally.

Before Kurama could reply, Hiruzen cleared his throat. "Excuse me, Naruto, but are we interrupting something?" he asked. Naruto glared up at the Hokage. "Of course not, continue," he said. Hiruzen nodded, "As I was saying, I think it's time for Squad Seven to go on their C-ranked mission," he said.

Naruto grinned, "Fabulous, who are we offing?  A dictator? A crazy Kage that needs to be taught a lesson?" he asked excited. "Umm...no, that's more of an A-ranked or S-ranked mission," Hiruzen said as he and the rest of the room sweat dropped.

"Damn, you people are no fun," Naruto pouted as he sat back down. "Umm...instead, you will be escorting a bridge builder back to his country of the Wave," Hiruzen said. "Oh, how boring, can't we just we just chop up the client, and ship him off to his country in a box and be done with it?" Naruto muttered. "Naruto, that is not how we do things around here," Kakashi said in a scowling tone of voice. "Really? It would makes things easier if you did," the blonde puppeteer replied.

Hiruzen cleared his throat loudly, "Anyways, I want you four take on this mission. I have no doubt that you will be able to take on this mission with any difficulty. Now, do you accept?" he asked. Kakashi glanced at his Genins, and nodded. "Squad Seven accepts," he announced. Hiruzen nodded, and stamped the mission with the approval stamp. "Laaaame!" Naruto complained, but no one payed attention to him. "Send in Tazuna," Hiruzen called.

A few minutes later, a man walked into the room with a jug full of alcohol. "What the hell is this? I paid go-" he started, but was instantly cut off by Naruto. "I'll stop you right there. I feel like I've already heard this before. You say that you paid good money, insult us, I threaten to kill you, so on and so forth: so let me make this short on all of us. Everyone go packed up and meet up at the east gate. OK? OK. Good bye," Naruto said as he walked out of the room.

The occupants of the room stayed silent in shock. "Well, that was interesting...You heard him, you two, let's get going," Kakashi said as glanced at his two remaining students. Sasuke and Sakura nodded, and walked out of the room.

~Konoha, East Gate~

Naruto sat on top of a pile of logs, bored out of his mind. "Hey, Kurama, can I ask you something?" he asked. "Sure, it's not like I have anything else to do," the Kyuubi replied. "What do you think it would be like to be a bird? You know, what would it feel like to fly by yourself?" Naruto asked. "Kit, it sounds like you're thinking about the past again," Karuma said. Naruto snorted, "How can I not? After all the crap that the villagers put me through," he pointed out. "Fair point," Kurama replied as he lowered his head down onto his paws.

The puppeteer rolled his eyes again, and glanced up to see Sakura and Sasuke walking up to him. "You two seem to be connected at the hip, when's the wedding?" he asked teasingly. "Wedding?" Sakura asked as her face grew completely red. Naruto snorted in amusement. "Too easy," he murmured with an eye roll.

Someone cleared their throat, and the three looked towards the gates to see their sensei and client standing there. "You three ready?" Kakashi asked with an eye smile. Naruto rolled his eyes, and jumped off the pile of logs. "About time you get here, let's go, I'll take lead," he said as a scroll slipped out of his robes, and threw it up into the air.