Chapter 2

Japan was escorted down the hall and to the left where he encountered a British style bedroom. Once the servants left he leaped onto the bed and rolled around in the soft sheets and hurried his face in feather pillows. "Haha I quit like this country. This alliance seems to be in my favor".

He spread himself out on the bed and giggled happily until a noise silenced him. To his left there as a window decorated with an iron like cage that you could easily open. He stood up cautiously from his bed and walked towards the unknown sound. He slowly opened the caged frame trying hard to not let the hinges creak and peered outside.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary except the wind the blew through his black silky hair seemed rather ominous and it went by. He peered farther over the edge looking down at the stone pavement. He was eventually convinced that there was nothing wrong until something furry swiped the back of his neck. He slowly turned around as a feminine voice above said "Kiku"?

"Ahh-"!?

"Shh".

Japan was gazing up at a shadowy figure above him walking vertically on the wall. Her face was half concealed by a mask. If you look at her she would be on ominous figure with her dark clothing, but her shape was human like, but the only that would make her stand out was her black ears and tail. She had one finger pinned to Japan's lips keeping him from yelling. She said in a rather serious voice "Kiku don't be alarmed or else I'll be spotted".

"Lone? Why are you scaling Sir Britain's castle"?

"I had to find you. I couldn't leave you unprotected in a foreign land".

"Sigh~ I can take care of myself. Come in quickly before they find you". Japan came away from the window to let her in. She scurried inside with her waving tail behind her as Japan quickly closed the iron window.

"This countries customs are unknown to me and I don't like it".

"Calm down Lone. This should be a good new experience for Japan. It's not good if our country is just that small lonely island. We need to make alliances".

"I understand that very well Kiku, but... I do not trust such a strange country".

Japan walked over to a desk lit only by candle light with documents spread neatly on it and a small cup filled with black ink and a feather pen in the top right hand corner. He sighed looking down at them and eventually sat down.

"Kiku"?

Lone gazed at him with a worried expression, and Japan never looked back at her and he commanded her "Listen Lone... This is very important so I need you to keep a low profile. You must stay in your dog form the entire time we're here, and you must not call me Kiku".

"Understood".

Lone responded with no questions asked and no hesitation in her voice as she got down on all fours and morphed herself into a large dog. She trotted over and laid right beside Japan's feet as he signed the documents. It took him until midnight to finish them all. They weren't hard to sign. He just signed his name a few times and it was done, but when he had to sign his name for the last time; that's when the decision became difficult.

Japan had made his decision. He was going to become allies with Britain. He quickly dipped the pen in ink and was about to sign, but Lone laid her paw on Japan's wrist. "Kiku- I mean Japan are you sure about this? Think about what you are doing. Remember the last time we had an alliance with another country"?

"Of course I do"!

Lone backed down from Japan's sudden outburst. He took a deep breath and apologized. He leaned his tired head on the arm of his chair and watched the fire of the lit candle flicker in the wind. The wax candle was almost completely burned down to the wick and for sure he knew it would go out. He looked down at Lone's concerned expression and raised his hand to move his slender fingers through Lone's fur.