Chapter 1: Waking up from a dream to a nightmare

She does a turn and then slides down to the floor into a split, as the song continues to play she moves her body to the music gracefully and ends her solo with her walking away. The Judges tally up the scores and pass it to the Host, and the winner is... drum rolls went off. Kimberley the Host announces, but as she is accepting the trophy for her wonderful ballet performance, her name kept rolling out of the Host mouth like a broken record and she pulls out of her dream by her father who is calling her the entire time.

"Dad?" she groans but her father places his finger to his lips to tell her to be quiet. 

"Someone is in the house," he says and as she listens, she could hear the voices of unknown men moving around downstairs. 

"What are we going to do and where is David?" asks Kim. 

"In his room under his bed, go get him and do what I taught you if something like this were to happen, remember Kimberley run as far as you can and do not look back." Kim nods at her father's words and bolts quickly but quietly to her brother's room.

 As Kim enters her brother's room she calls out for him in the dark and when he appears, she says to him, "Come out we have to run while dad distracts them." 

David being the clumsy little boy he is accidentally hits the stand next to the closet causing loud noise to erupt in the room and no later than two seconds heavy footsteps start making its way upstairs. Bam, Bam, two shots rang in the air followed by men shouting.

Kimberley grabs her brother and goes into the closet that he came out of hiding from and heads to the back behind the clothes. "Stay here and whatever you do, do not move you got it," she tells David as she holds him by the shoulders. 

David grabs her hand to pull her back, with tears falling from his eyes he whispers "Am scared KJ."  

Kimberley looks at her brother and replies, "I  know DJ but you have to be brave," while she continues to stare at him an idea suddenly came into her mind and she goes into the room, grabs the tablet and headphones to give to him so he can be distracted.

Kim makes her way to the wall where a painting of a Beachfront is hanging and removes it. Since David and Kimberley's room is next to each other there is a small hole in the wall to watch David when she had too much homework and had to burn the midnight oil on her college courses. Looking through it she could not help but gasp at what is happening on the other side of the wall. Her father is kneeling down bloodied to the point where one of his eyes could not open.

"Where is it?" one of the men asks. 

"Where is what?" her father replies, he goes on to say "It can be many things such as a boat, car, food, money or it can even be a card to a good plastic Surgeon, one that you desperately need because let me tell you, buddy, I thought you were wearing a mask, I did not know that was your natural look." 

The men look at him and laugh, then all of a sudden a punch is thrown his way and Kimberley who is still watching covers her mouth to stop the noise from escaping.

"Now Mr. Jones tell me where is the software that we are looking for?" 

Mr. Jones looks at the one questioning him and asks him to come a little bit closer and when the man is close enough, Mr. Jones whispers to him, "Ask your mother, I left my belongings thereafter our midnight night snack," then he ends his sentence with a wink.

In so much rage the man pulls out his gun and points it to Mr. Jones's head. 

"Search the house, rip it apart if you have to, anything you find electronically take it to the car he orders the men around." With the gun still position to Mr. Jones's head, the man continues,      "And as for you Mr. Jones, good riddance," Bam! the gun goes off killing Mr. Jones.

Tears fall down her face as she watches her father die mercilessly by the hands of those horrendous men. Kim makes her way to the Closet and pulls apart the clothes that are behind her brother. Pushing back the wall it reveals a secret passage that looks dark and dusty at the entrance.

Grabbing her brother who is asleep, she makes her way down the dark hallway which will take her into the woods. When she arrives at her destination she pushes the wooden door open and runs as fast as she can holding her little brother tightly to her chest and not long after, an explosion happens from behind them. Kim watches as her childhood home goes up in flames. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

There is more to come so stay tune chapter 2 will be here shortly!!!!!