The Deal

I grumble in my pillow after talking to my parents. Ryuk flies over and sits next to me. "Do you want to know about your parents?"

"Yeah...." I grumble. "But, I want to figure it out myself."

Ryuk laughs and pokes my head. "It would be impossible for you to figure it out, with my help. Things will be so much easier."

I move his finger away. "What can a Shinigami can do to help, besides killing?"

"Oh, I don't have to kill. You can instead." He takes out a black notebook and hands it to me. The title was really weird. Death Note?

I laugh a little. How convenient, for a Shinigami. But it does sound familiar, was it the fairy tale that mom told me? I shake my head. "I don't want this." I hand it back to him.

He sighs then points at his eyes. "How about the ability to see a person's name? I bet you want that if you're going to solve crimes."

I lift my eyebrow up. "What's the catch?"

"Half of your life, or I give it to you if you give me apples two times a day!" Ryuk laughs.

I hug my pillow. "If I do the apple deal, you won't take half of my life right?"

"Right!" Ryuk floats over to the basket of fake apples. "Can I have one?"

I laugh. "Those are fake!"

Ryuk picks up the basket and throws it into the trashcan in my room. "Don't get why humans keep fake stuff...."

"Because they last forever." I stated and stand up from my bed. "I'll take it, but I don't know if I can turn it off or on..."

"Misa Ayame, she had the eyes also. The thing she didn't know how is to turn them off." Ryuk appears right up at my face. He points at my eyes. "All you have to do is close your eyes and think, 'Eyes On' and then you can see the person. Then close them again and think, 'Eyes Off'. It doesn't matter as long as you think of the eyes to be on or off. Get it?"

"Yeah, Misa sounds like a dumb chick anyway." I said.

"Okay, close your eyes." Ryuk says and when I did, I can feel his hands over my eyes. A slight pain went through my eyes. "It's okay to open them."

I look at Ryuk and see his age, who knew he was 400 years old?! It was red lettering and floating over his head. It also said he likes apples....

I stifle a laugh. Ryuk tilts his head. "What's so funny? You can't see my name!"

"Yeah, but how old you are and that you like apples!" I laugh.

He points at me. "Laugh all you want. Go get my apples."

I walk through him and open my door, but turn around with a smile. "Do you want three instead?"

Ryuk smile widens with joy. "Hell yes I do! They're like a drug to me!"