An Understanding

I wasn't really sure....But it seems that my partner, Jason, has been getting on my good side.

No passing the speed limit.

No whine peeped through his lips. His very nice lips.

I shake my head. I have got to stop.

My mind is close to blow up in his face. I bite my bottom lip, a small habit for being frustrated.

Jason glances over to me. He gives me a questioning look. "You okay?"

"Peachy..." I whispered.

He chuckled and focused his attention to the road. "Our roles are switched. I used to be annoyed of you, and you just had this 'I'm better than you' atmosphere clouding around you."

"Look, I'm sorry." I lean my head against the window sill. "You just suddenly got nicer after we got our badges."

He sighed. "I thought there there was only one position for this. That's why I was rude."

"There were FIVE spots open in the beginning! Then TWO, and we got both of them!" I throw my hands in the air. "You still could have gotten in one of those positions!"

I see Jason looking at me with a blank face. He bites his lips and his cheek puffed a little. Raising an eyebrow at him, I think he's suffocating at the hard face I gave him.

He suddenly burst out laughing. I slowly laugh along. Not really getting why he was laughing.

Jason wipes his eyes. "You're funny. I'll think differently about you."

I blush and fold my arms. "Well same here."

The car slowly stops. "Looks like we're here." Jason said.

I look outside to see a huge crowd. Great attention seekers. I get out of the car to see that it would take a long time to get to the crime scene. A familiar scent is filled in the air. Mango scent?

But where?

I turn around and see a someone wearing a Santa outfit...weird.

Jason was ahead of me and stopped in his tracks. "Asoka?"

"I'll be right there!"