Taste Test...The Future

This didn't make any sense. Pacing in the hotel is not helping me either...

"Would you stop it?" Ryuk twists in the air above my bed. "I NEED APPLES!"

I stop in my tracks. "Sooner or later I'm going to crash."

"From thinking too hard?"

"No," I rub my temples. "from the apples that I have to shove in your mouth to shut you up everyday."

"Meanie..." Ryuk flies over to the door. "I'll find some downstairs."

"Make sure no one sees you eating the apple!" I call out to him as he fully goes through the door.

Sometimes I don't know why I deal with him. How did Light dealt with him in the past?

I fall back onto the hotel's bed. "Was he fully on his side, or played till he got bored?"

"Ryuk, what where you thinking. Siding with Kira." I think back to when I was naming the men that did wrong to the shooter.

I wonder what happened to them...

Something clicked into my mind, but it was just only a theory. If I thought of a person's name and their faces or information about them, do they get a heart attack?

"God dammit!" I stand up and walk over to get the remote on the glass coffee table that is near my bed.

I click the on button.

"Now we go to the news about the shooting in the airport." The news man touches his ear piece. "This just in! Two of the criminals behind the shooting just died in the cop car! By a heart attack!"

I stare in disbelief. No, it can't be!

My skin starts to shiver, scared of who would do that or scared that it was me? I don't want to know. "Hah! This has to be some kind of joke!" I slowly push my bangs away.

"A policeman that was in charge of them, said that they started to choke close to 40 to 50 seconds after they got in the car." The news man then stares at the the me, or viewers. "Is Kira back? Is he god or a criminal?"

No...

"If anyone know's Kira please contact us." A news woman shows on the screen.

No, shut up...

"Kira should be hanged for what he did 20 years ago! So why is he killing again?!" A male bystander tells the news woman, who apparently was interviewing people.

It's not my fault! I shake my hair with my hands, pulling it to make some sort of pain to block the noise.

"How do you know if Kira is a man? Kira might be a girl!" The news woman said, with a slight offense in her voice.

"Either way, Kira should be killed." The male bystander huffed and folded his arms.

"SHUT UP!" I grab the remote and throw it at the television. It cracked from impact and buzzes.

So, I have the powers like Kira? Ryuk gave me the shinigami eyes, but what about that Death Note? What powers does it have?

I hear someone knock on the door. Must have heard me yelling, is the most expensive room really have thin walls? My dad sure picked the best hotel in Tokyo. I need to talk to him about better choices.

I walk over to the door and check the peep hole. A plain looking girl in a maid outfit. Seriously? Who wears those these days for hotels?

I open the door. "Yes?"

"Um," The girl fidgets at the spot. She looks at my outfit and blushes more. "Is Kenji here? He called me up for service."

Oh motherless goat...

"No he's not. I think you got the wrong room, go to the basement. I think some hobos would like some of your services." I slam the door. There's still some girls that sell themselves for money?

What has Japan, no, what has the world come to?

I unlock my iPhone and check the same channel. Let's find that bystander.

I find a picture of the male bystander that I recently saw on the telly. Turn On.

Ryan Baker, 31 years old. Has about 40 years to live, he decided to take his own life because he has no family. Something attracts my eye. "Oh? What's this?" I go back a couple years from now.

He killed his wife and daughter? "Oh naughty, naughty. What did they ever do to you?" I bite my lip. Something evil started to boil in the pit of my soul. It didn't just felt great, it was addicting!

I read some more into this event. His wife didn't make the right soup?! That's the most stupid excuse to kill someone! His daughter was dating the wrong boy that he wanted her to date?!

I grind my teeth in anger. Let's look at his future, and see if it's still messed up.

I jump to ten years ahead from now. Ryan killed his next wife, because she didn't make the rent for their apartment. "Ryan Baker, you will die in the next three hours by your own fate that has already been decided for you. The fate that was for you when you turned 71 years old, death by shooting yourself in the head."

The evil that was boiling, stopped. I sigh.

"Oh! Now that sounds interesting. How are you going to do that without a Death note?" Ryuk starts laughing.

Turn Off. "Don't know. Sorry I just wanted to try something and to let some steam out of me."

"It seems to me that you have already have a Death Note." He said and drops the apples he hid in his pocket.

I glare at him. Ryuk chuckles. "Inside your soul. It also seems that yours doesn't apply to the usual rules."

"Then what rules are there for mine?"

"It seems like there's no limit."

*Three hours later*

"Shall we turn on the news?" Ryuk suggested.

It's now or never. I go on my phone and onto the same news that I have seen earlier today.

"A MAN JUST KILLED HIMSELF!" The quote showed on the bottom of the screen. The news lady from before was crying.

"The man I just interviewed, has just killed himself..." The lady then blows her nose into a tissue. "This proves that Kira exist."

The phone slips through my fingers, thudding a couple of times onto the floor. My mind became blank. Nothing mattered at this moment. Only that I am the next Kira.

I smile a little when I faintly hear that the news people found out that the man had killed his wife and daughter a couple years ago.

I think I'm slowly slipping. "I am Kira."