Ribcage Girl

The bustling sounds of people stirred up more. Their conversation was towards me. Even the Japanese policemen were talking about me.

How young I was to help in this case.

From the side, I could see Jason slightly irritated.

The body we were looking at was a blonde girl with her ribcage bones showing, no skin to cover them. She's the same age as me.

Huh, that's a huge change from the other girls.

"Why can't they just leave." Jason whispers to me. His eyes dart towards the crowd, then back to me.

I look over my shoulder to see Agent Maggy talking to Japanese Police. From what I'm reading from their facial expressions. Agent Maggy is pissed at them for not controlling the crowd.

"The police here don't have the guts to hide the truth." I responded. A sudden shiver rolls up my spine.

"You okay?" Jason asked.

I rub my arms and hug my sweater closer to my body. "I'm fine."

"Hey!"

We turn to see one of the contestants that's helping us, waved his hand.

"Surprises don't stop do they." I said plainly and walk over to him. Jason's foot steps follow behind me.

"What did you find?" Jason asked.

"Something very weird, compared to the other cases." The contestant stated.

I don't bother with names. Only the ones that I can easily use. Like puppets in my life game.

Jason looks at me, maybe waiting for me to respond, but I keep quiet. "How weird?" He asked.

"There's black fishing wire covered in blood."

"In what area did you find it?"

I walk away from them. This was a huge jump from the other victims.

Off age.

New evidence.

The black fishing wire? Could easily been sought better than a clear one.

The noise of pedestrians slowly dims down. My eyes widen at the cuts around the victims arms. Markings show that something wrapped around the joints.

"Hanging on the rim of a trashcan just down this alley."

"Then it's not related to this-"

"Give me the fishing wire." I ordered the contestant, putting my hand out for it.

Jason looks at my hands. "Don't you need gloves on?"

I rolled my eyes and put on my leather gloves. "Just give it here."

The contestant gives me the wires.

I lean down and compare the wires to the ribcage victim. A match.

"Just as I thought." I give back the wires.

"What?" Both Jason and the contestant give me a clueless look. Figures...

"If I'm correct, which I am, these wires are used like strings on a puppet. That concludes that this victim was the puppet."I stand up and take my gloves off.

"Now the huge question is, for who's entertainment?" Jason asked as he scratches his chin.