Chapter 22

No. No. No.

This is not happening. No this is just another dream, like in those movies where there are dreams inside dreams. Wake up. I tell myself over and over again, but I never do. I just stand there and watch terrified as my bestfriends blood drips off of her still body and onto the white carpet of the basement.

No. No. No!

I dash out of the room. I know what you're thinking; why would you leave the room that your bestfriend is laying with a demon and a ghost still in there!? But my fight or flight instincts kicked in and I fled. I decide to run upstairs and grab my phone. I dial Aiden and hope for the best that he will pick up. Even if he does I won't be able to talk to him for long because he will use all the energy in the phone. Plus how is he going to help? He is still in Aiden's body he can't like use his ghost powers in Aiden's body can he?

Just as I get Aiden's voicemail, I see car healights in Claire's driveway. Who the hell could that be? I look out the window and see Aiden's sleek black Audi. Unusual but perfect timing. I run down the stairs as quietly as I can, which isn't that quiet.

I quickly open the door and run out to his car without shutting the house door. I see Luscious sitting inside and unbuckling his seat belt. I open the door and he jumps out and I just hug him. I start to cry a little and into his shirt I ask, "Why are you here?" I pull away and look up at him.

"I could tell you were scared. It's this thing and I could like sense your fear." He says and I tilt my head. He just shakes his head and pulls me inside the house.

"What's going on?" He asks concern flanking his voice.

"Semiazas and Collin are in the basement and they have Claire. I- I th-hink sh-he-" I start to stutter trying not to cry as I think of my bleeding friend in the basement.

"Calm down, Collin probably is getting it under control." He says reassuring me. I just stare at him, not knowing how to tell him that Collin is working with Semiazas. For all I know Collin helped Semiazas kill Luscious.

"Luscious-" I begin but he is looking behind me, his eyes wide. I turn around and fall to the ground and sob. Claire is standing there, slightly transparent and wavering with the energy waves in the room. She looks confused, so confused. But I can't focus on anything. My mind goes blank thinking of what torture Claire must have gone through to die. All I see when I close my eyes is Claire's bloodied body. I watch as Luscious talks to Claire and she starts to freak out, I can't hear what they are saying. I can't hear anything.

Claire is dead. This is my fault. I killed Claire. She is dead because of me. No, this is just a dream. Wake up. Wake up! I beg myself as I pinch my arm so hard that it starts to bleed. I sob and sob until I feel Luscious pulling me up. I stare up at him, he has his arms around me. And as if someone had pressed play on a movie, I can hear again. Luscious is saying something to me.

"You need to do this for Claire. Don't make her suffer." He says.

"W-what?" I ask looking at him then at Claire, who is surprisingly smiling? Why would you be smiling if you just died? She does know she is dead right?

"Cross her over." He says.

"I can't do that." I say looking at him like he is crazy. Does he think I am God or something? Is he going insane? Am I going insane?

"Yes you can. A matter of fact, anyone can if they really really try. But you can see ghosts, you have ghost abilities. You can do this. Do this for her. But you have to do it now." He says staring me in the eyes, pleading me to do this.

I look at her and she nods.

"Claire. I am so sorry. I didn't mean for Semiazas to do this to you." I say as I sob.