Chapter 28

My eyes flutter open as light leaks in through my window. I check my clock and it's only a little after six, I barely slept for more than an hour. I look around for Lucius but I don't see him.

"Lucius?" I call out pulling the covers back and stepping out of the bed. I start to worry. Why would Lucius just up and leave? I walk out of my room and search the hallway. Still no Lucius. Oh my gosh, what if I lost my ghost seeing abilities? I think to myself, before ruling that out of the question. Of course I didn't just lose my ability to see ghosts. 

Maybe he's chatting with Tristan? Although it seems unlikely, I decide to walk in anyways. Surprisingly Lucius isn't in there, but Tristan is up. And reading? I see him holding a book and flipping the pges too quickly for him to actually be reading it.

"What's that?" I ask walking on the cold wooden floor over to his bed. 

"I found it in my closet." He says as I sit down on his bed. With closer inspection I see it's a very old leather journal. It's dark brown, almost black and has a thick layer of dust on it, with Tristan's tiny fingerprints etched in it from him grabbing it.  It smells old as well. 

"In your closet?" I ask quizically tilting my head at him for full affect.

"Yeah I accidentally broke one of the shelves. Then a piece of the wall came off and this was inside it. Please don't tell mom!" He says frantically. I giggle lightly. Of course he would beg me not to tell our mom.

"Let me see it." I say gently taking it from him, scared that the frayed and yellow pages would wither underneath my touch. Right as I touch I get transported in time. I look around and I'm not in Tristan's familiar blue room, but instead I'm in the woods. I look around and see someone laying on the ground a small dagger in their chest. I step back and gasp my hand flying to my face.

Then I see something move to my right and suddenly they are standing in front of the dead body.

"No no no." I hear the mysterious figuire mutter. What's going on? I wonder. Suddenly two more people are flocking the body laying on the ground.

"I don't know what happened. I just had a feeling and... and..." The first figuire starts to stutter.      

"It's okay." One of the figures console them. The first figuire then starts walking toward one of the others.

"You can fix this. Please fix this!" The first figuire cries, obviously a girl.

"There's nothing I can do." The third figuire says, and the voice sounds so familiar, also a girl.

"You can't bring him back?" They question. Bring someone back from the dead? Is that possible? 

"He has a dagger through his heart! Of course I can't bring him back!" The third figuire says loudly.

"But John..." The first figuire says.

"John was different." The third figure says.

"Well what can you do? You are a Messorem." The second figuire who has been mysteriously quiet chimes in, this one is a guy.

"All I can do now is cross him over so we know he is safe and in a better place." The third figuire says. Their voice is so familiar. Where have I heard it before?

"No, no. Maybe he can posses someone and live in them?" The first figuire asks. I slighlty see the third figuire shake her head before saying, "That would only work for a short period of time, it would be much better if he crossed over, and it would be easier for both me and him, if we did this now."

Finally I see the ghost appear. He is almost glowing in the dark, and seems confused.

"I have to do this now, if it's going to happen at all." The third figuire says. The ghost doesn't say anything, just watches the scene before him.