Chapter 8

We had headed back to the house around 2. We had just watched the lake and talked after he had told me he wanted to kiss me too.

I hated that he was a ghost and that because he was a ghost we couldn't kiss. Why can't I just be normal and have a crush on a real living person. Nope the universe decided to hate me by making me have a crush on a ghost!

"Mandy? Mandy!" Luscious called waving his transparent hand in front of me snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I ask looking over at him and blinking a couple times.

"What are you doing?" He asks, and I look down at the counter I had been planning to make something to eat. But there was nothing in front of me.

"Oh I'm going to make a late lunch. Want something?" I ask.

"I can't eat." He reminds me.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. That must suck." I say getting out some lunch meat and bread.

"Not really. I never get hungry, not for food anyways. I feed off energy." He explains to me as I spread mayonnaise on a piece if bread.

"You don't miss the taste of food?" I ask him. I don't know how I could survive without eating like 24/7. I absolutely adore food.

"Sometimes but not that much." He says watching me make the sandwich. I finish by putting the last piece of salami on my sandwich. I put the stuff that I pulled out away and then begin to eat my sandwich next to Luscious at the counter.

"Is that a good sandwich?" Luscious asks.

"Mmmhmmm." I mumble with a bite in my mouth.

"It seems like it since your ignoring me." He says.

"I'm not ignoring you. I'm eating a sandwich, and when I'm eating I don't talk, because I'm too consumed in eating." I say.

"Your a pig." He says, and I give him a look.

"Just kidding." He says raising his hands in surrender. I shake my head, still eating my sandwich. He starts making funny faces and I giggle as I try to eat my food but it's not working that well.

"I SMELL FOOD!" I hear Tristan say as he turns around the corner and stops. I look at him and he's looks at me. No he's not looking at me he's looking at Luscious.

"Nevermind." He says turning around and running out of the room.

I look at Luscious. "You guys do need to talk about the whole ghost thing eventually." Luscious reminds me.

I nod. It's now or never. I get up leaving my food on the counter Luscious gets up and follows me.

"I think I should talk with him alone." I say. Luscious understand and nods and walks back to the kitchen. I walk up the stairs to Tristan's room.

I don't knock before walking in. I see him sitting on the edge of his bed just staring at the wall. I never remember doing that after I'd seen a ghosts, but then again I never saw one enter my house before Luscious came along and I don't remember much from when I was younger.

"Luscious isn't bad." I say sitting next to him.

"What?" He asks looking at me with wide eyes.

"Luscious, the guy downstairs. He can be irritating but he's not too bad." I say.

"He's a ghost." Tristan says looking at me.

"Yeah, but don't go around telling people I can see ghosts. It doesn't go over to well with the boys." I wink at him.

"You can see them!" He says loudly.

"Shut up. Do you want the whole world to know?" I ask.

"No." He says looking around the room to see if anyone can hear us. I'm pretty sure that only us and most likely Luscious can hear this conversation.

"Okay so promise me now that you know I can see ghosts you won't tell anyone." I'm ask.

"I promise, as long as you don't tell anyone I can see ghosts either." He says, I'm glad he's not going to tell everyone that he can see ghosts.

"Pinkie promise." I say to my little brother.

"Pshhhh. I'm to old for that." He says standing up and shoving his hand in my face like a little snotty girl does in those kid movies.

"Come on Tristan. How do I know I can trust you?" I ask, knowing full well I can trust him but it's fun to torment him when I can. Usually he is the tormentor.

"Fine." He pouts putting his pinky out.
I laugh wrapping mine around his. That went over really well. And really fast.

"Wanna meet Lusious?" I ask. I mean Luscious is going to be around a lot, it would make a lot more sense if they met.

"Ummm..." Tristan trailed off.

"Come on, he's really cool." I say grabbing Tristan's arm and pulling him to my room.

"Ow, stop, ow, MANDY!" Tristan cries and I let go of his arm.

"Sorry!" I say raising my hands up above my head. But Tristan isn't looking at me he's looking behind me, I turn around and see Luscious.

"Luscious meet Tristan. Tristan, Luscious." I say looking between to two of them.

"Dude it sounded like your were murdering Tristan." Luscious says shaking his head at me.

"But he looks like he can stand his ground." Luscious says looking at Tristan grinning.

"Yeah I'm really tough." Tristan says putting his arms up showing his non-existent muscles.

"Wow. Your buffer than me!" Luscious says, walking up to Tristan then bending down to his height.

"Do you like baseball?" He asks Tristan. I remember Luscious telling me about how he loved baseball when he was alive. That he wanted to play college baseball when he got into college. Sadly he died before he could do that. He would have been playing that this year. I frown thinking about how he can't play baseball because he's dead. I always thought dying was a gift, it's what our church taught us. But from what I see it's far from a gift.

You can't do anything as you watch your family live without you. Most heartbroken because your gone, and you can't comfort them because your dead. You can't even tell them that your actually alright where you are, because really you aren't. And you can't talk to them. You can see and hear them but you can't interact with them. It's got to be horrible, like living in a cage almost. You can see the world going in around you, but you can't do anything in it.

"Were going to go downstairs and talk, you can join but it's mostly guy stuff." Tristan says pulling me out of my thoughts.

"No I thinking going to go to my room.
Have fun and don't let mom see you talking to Luscious." I tell him before walking into my bedroom.

Finally I'm alone. Not that I don't hate the company of Luscious, but it's nice knowing I can think to myself. I'm not one of those girls that always has to be with people. Sometimes I just need some time to myself. To do nothing. I just like to relax. There's nothing wrong with relaxing.

I start to straighten up my room which had gotten messy over the eventful weekend. I still hadn't put away my bags from shopping, by now most of the clothes I had bought were wrinkled beyond repair. I begin to take the tags off them and then throw them into a random laundry bin, when I'm done with that I put them in the washer down the hall and start it.

I head back to my room and pick up pop cans and a random bucket with stale popcorn in it. I take them downstairs and put them in the dishwasher. I see my sandwich sitting on the counter but I have lost my appetite so I throw it away and head back to my room passing Luscious and Tristan on the way up.

When I get in my room I pull out my homework, I don't have much and I finish it quickly. So I pull out my old copy of Romeo and Juliet and begin to read. Before I can even make it to the tenth page I feel my eyes close and the boom drop from my hand as I fall asleep.

----//----

AN: kinda unproductive chapter and I wrote it super fast and still have to edit it! But I figured I haven't wrote in a while and I really should don't wanna leave you guys hanging. So yeah thanks for 500 reads! I love you ducklings.

So I might be starting a 2nd book not any time soon of course but I kinda have a cool idea for one idk.

I'm grounded sorta. Way to start of the new year! /:

I don't want to go back to school guys. Yeah I'm just complaining but whatever.

Life is kinda weird right now.

Go follow @brokenrecords on Instagram maybe? You don't gotta but I'd appreciate. Thanks!

Idk what I'm saying.

PEACE OUT DUCKLINGS ✌️