Chapter 3

Why is it so cold? Wherever I am it's freezing. I was shivering, I was also in my pajamas so that might be why. Where was I?

Last thing I remembered I was going to bed. So this is a dream? But I have never had a dream where I knew I was dreaming? Ugh I'm so confused.

I look around where I am. It's pretty much pitch black except for a light shining lowly to my right.

I look at it and it looks as if there is a condor burning in the distance. If this is a dream then I should be fine walking towards it right?

But this isn't a dream. My subconscious warns me. I stop in my tracks. If this isn't a dream how the hell did I get here I challenge my subconscious. What am I doing? I'm arguing my subconscious.

I shake my head trying to clear my mind, but it seems clouded. I can't think straight. The only clear things in my head are two thoughts; one saying to go towards the light the other screaming at me to turn around and go back.

But go back where? Everything is pitch black except for the light in front if me now.

So instead of venturing out into the blackness I head towards the light. As I get closer I realize it isn't a candle, but a crack in a door letting light through.

The light is projecting out of small keyhole. Even though the keyhole is small it's casts boat loads of light into the room when I reach it.

I can see the room perfectly now, I turn around and Luscious is standing there, he isn't a ghost anymore. He is a real person.

"Luscious?" I question him. But he doesn't look at me. He stays looking at something. I turn my head to see what it is, it's another door. I look back at Luscious, fear fills his eyes.

What could possibly be behind that door that could scare a ghost? Wait but Luscious isn't a ghost at the moment.

"Luscious, what's going on?" I ask him but again he doesn't look at me. He hasn't even acknowledged my presence here. Wow what a great friend you are. I think to myself.

So I walk in front of him, hoping to catch his attention so maybe he will talk to me, and we can leave wherever we are.

"No!" Luscious shouts as I walk in front of him. I hear the door open behind me. I turn around and see some man lurking toward us. Man? More like monster.

Half his face is drooping down his face and it looks as if it's rotting as well. His mouth is missing half of his teeth as he smirks at the two of us. He has a beer gut and his clothes are all ratty and ripped up.

And to top it off he smells horrible. Like a mix of sewer and rotting meat. Just looking at him sends a shiver down my back.

He continues to walk towards us. I don't how I didn't notice before but, he's holding a giant club. Now I know that's my cue to get out if the way. I step out of the way and back up against the wall, of this small room all three of us are in.

The man is now lurking towards Luscious but Luscious hold his ground.

"Luscious! Move!" I scream at him. He stays in his same place.

"MOVE!" I scream louder, but I'm too late. The man rises his club above his head and smashes it down on Luscious head.

I scream and jump towards the man.

"Miranda! Wake up!" I hear Claire's voice.

What the hell? I open my eyes and I'm in my bedroom.

"You okay?" Claire asks sitting down on my bed.

"Yeah, yeah." I say quickly sitting up. I see Luscious quietly standing in the corner of my room, concern covering his face as he watches us. I'd find it creepy but for some reason I don't, I find him being in the room comforting.

Especially considering the dream I had just had. It had felt so real. Like I was there in the room with the real living Luscious as he died. But Luscious was already dead. I told myself. I will not let this dream haunt me.

"Okay well it's 3 in the morning so goodnight." Claire says walking to the futon on and sitting down. "If you want to talk about it tell me." Then she closes her eyes, and fall asleep quickly. But I stay awake.

Luscious walks over to me, worry set in his features.

"What happened?" He asks.

"I had a dream."

"You were screaming." He shudders looking at me.

"It was a bad dream." I laugh nervously.

"About?" He asks his eyes piercing into mine. He seems so real right now. I mean he is, but he seems so alive right now.

"It was weird." I say, trying to avoid his question.

"Why was it weird?" He presses, it's like he really needs to know. Or maybe he already does somehow? He was sort of reading my mind earlier wasn't he?

"It just was." I shrug.

"Please." He pouts and I laugh at his childishness.

"It doesn't really matter." I say.

"It does though!" He exclaims.

"Why?" I wonder. Why is it so important to him?

"Because... Because... You were screaming, and you won't tell me. So it's gotta be something important." He says as if that is a valid excuse.

"Luscious it's fine. It was just a dream. Chill out dude." I laugh trying to lighten the mood.

"No. It's not." He says getting up from the bed and starts to pace. What does he mean it's not? I'm growing more confused the more he talks.

"What?" I ask him and he stops pacing and looks at me, then at the door, then he disappears all together.

Just as he disappears my door flies open. Tristan and my Mom step in, my brother with a nerf gun in his hand and my Mom with a frying pan. They look ridiculous.

"We heard screaming!" My Mom yells, waking Claire up. I start laughing.

"What?" She asks looking at me like I'm crazy.

"That was like ten minutes ago!" I laugh some more. Tristan begins to laugh too. Claire just lays back down and my Mom stares at me.

"You know you'd be great at killing a robber, after he already robbed us." I say and my Mom begins to laugh too.

They are ridiculous, I'm glad they tried to save me from the nonexistent robber but really ten minutes later? I laugh some more at the thought. What am I going to do with them?

I don't think they are who I have to worry about though.

----//----

AN: I'm glad people are reading this but I fricken suck at writing, ugh. Anywhore. This is going to start to pick up soon. SORRY THE CHAPTERS ARE SO SHORT!