Dominic Toretto x Reader

Up next: Brian O'Conner x Reader

Later: Dominic Toretto x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  As I leaned on Dom's vehicle, Dom asked me,"Baby, what are you doing out here?"

  I chuckled and replied,"Minding my own business. What are you doing out here?"

  Dom sat down beside me and let out a sigh. By his sigh, I could tell something was not right or something was wrong. It could be both or one or the other. Maybe, I should not have been smart with him. I could have made whatever he was feeling right now worse.

  Dom looked over at me and rested his hand on my leg saying,"You remember that day you told me you were pregnant?"

  I leaned on his shoulder and intertwined his fingers with my own saying,"How could I forget? You had the biggest smile I had ever received from you and uh..Brian wasn't so happy."

  Dom chuckled and wrapped an arm around my shoulder saying,"Yeah. He wasn't. I was sure he would drive you anywhere BUT near me. That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Normally, I'm not-"

  Dom became hesitant on what he was going to say next, but I smiled and finished for him saying,"Straightforward. Dom, I know. That's nothing to be ashamed of. You'll be there for those you care about, so I overlook your "special" part of your personality. No offense. We all have a part or parts of our personality that we need to work on."

  Dom pecked my lips and smirked saying,"Like your tone?"

  I rolled my eyes and defended myself saying,"My tone is fine. Thank you. Someone needs to be the muscle in this relationship. God may have blessed you with muscles, but every now and then, you do things that make me question am I safe?"

  Dom said,"Name a time I did something that wasn't safe."

  I yelled in frustration,"You race cars on the main roads!! That's not safe at all!! Then, you drove your own car off a cliff!!"

  Dom shut his mouth and I played with his fingers saying,"Really. What's up?"

  Dom made me look at him and said,"I miss him, Y/N. I miss Brian."

  I sighed saying to Dom, with tears in my eyes,"I miss him, too, Dom. I miss him, too."

  Dom wiped my tears, but it did not take too long for Dom to have tears of his own.

  I went to help Dom, but I heard Roman yell from upstairs,"DOM, COME GET YO' CHILD!!"

  I chuckled weakly, but I shushed Dom. I could tell he was trying hard not to cry. I understood. I did, but I also knew he did not want everyone to see him in tears.
  They were still family, but sometimes, you just don't want everyone to see your weak side. I was like that, too, sometimes.

  I rested my forehead against Dom's and said,"It'll be okay, honey. I'm sure Brian would be proud of you. Of everything you have done. Dom.."

  Tears poured down Dom's face, and I pulled him into a hug. Dom hugged me back and each tear I felt drop onto my shoulders.
  I rubbed Dom's back and held him tightly, reassuring him that everything would be fine. He would be fine. Brian was a valuable and loyal friend to have, especially to Dom.

  I pulled away from the hug and said,"Go get some rest. I will be up there in a minute. I'll get everyone to go home."

  Dom nodded and walked with me upstairs. Tej and Roman were trying to figure out how to change little Brian's diaper, while they were failing miserably.

  Roman held up little Brian and said to Dom,"Yo, man, how you do this?"

  Dom continued towards the steps and walked up them, before he headed into our bedroom.

  Roman asked me,"What's his problem?"

  I sighed saying,"Nothing you need to worry about. I'm sorry you guys, but you all have to go. We'll meet up again another time. I'll take Brian, Roman. Thank you."

  Roman gently handed Brian to me, and Brian leaned on me. I took the blanket from Roman, before I covered Brian with it. It was a little chilly in the house.
  After everyone left, I rocked Brian to sleep and put him in the crib.

  As his little chest rose and fell, I said,"You won't understand a word of this, but the man you're named after was a great man. One of the sweetest and most protective men I ever met. Dom is something, but Brian..he was Brian. I..uh..I miss him terribly, but sometimes, life happens. I wish he was here. I wish you would've been able to meet him, but..I know you will be a great man one day. You may not be my child, but I will watch over you as my own. I owe Elena and Dom that. I'll do everything I can to be there for you. Just like Brian did..for me."

  Tears rapidly fell down my face, and I felt arms around me.

  I buried my face in Dom's shirt and he said,"We'll get through this. We'll get through this. Together?"

  I sniffed and mumbled,"Together."