Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Zara's pov

I looked at Zayden with my golden eyes, his face illuminated mine I looked at him.

"Why is that a problem?" I asked him, my voice hoarse. Zayden's eyes flickered over to the open bathroom door where Zale had fallen asleep on the cold floor

"Because of Zale." Zayden said as he looked back at me,

"I can like who I want Zayden." I looked down as I looked at him and he sighed.

"That's not the point, Zara. Who ever killed your dad and hurt your sister is more than likely coming after you." he said.

"You think it's best if I leave don't you?" I muttered.

"I really like you Zara," he started as he grabbed both of my hands, "I don't want you to get hurt." He finished, planting a small kiss on my lips

"I'll call my mum tomorrow. Hopefully she can get me a flight back to London before school starts." I told him.

I gave him a big hug, accidentally knocking us backwards. I landed softly on him as he landed, I'm guessing, hard on the floor "Zara!" he yelled. I laughed at the cute frown he had and kissed him.

• • •

"Zara, baby." Someone whispered as I felt them put a hand on my shoulder and shake me awake. I looked up to see Ebony. "What time is it?" I groaned at her holding my head.

"Six A.M. dear. Your mom is here." she said walking over to Zale's bed and picking up some of my nicely folded clothes, then walked over to me and handed them to me. and said, "Your mom called early this morning saying she was coming to get you. so I figured I'd let you sleep a little longer and I'd pack your things for you."

"Thanks Mrs. E." I smiled at her kindly as I got out of my bed.

Weirdly enough, I don't even remember sleeping in it. I looked over to Zayden who was dangling off the side of his bed sound asleep.

"Can I say goodbye?" I asked her.

"Dear your flight out doesn't leave till noon."

"Then why am I up so early?" I asked confused and slightly annoyed that I was even up this early.

"Because we need to talk to you." She said.

I walked out of the room and into the kitchen where my mum was sitting down on one of the bar stools. She smiled at me as I walked into the room.

"Zara, baby you look like a mess." she said as I sat down on one of the three remaining bar stools.

"I feel like a mess." I groaned laying my head on the counter.

"You shouldn't have went to that party then Zara." My mom said.

"What party?!" Ebony yelled.

Ok, um, how did she know about that?!

"The party me and Zale snuck out to." I mumbled, keeping my head down guiltily.

"Ohh." Ebony said quietly.

"The boys are so grounded when they wake up."

"Zayden came to watch out for me." I assured them.

"He did?"

"Yea."

"You can go back to your room Zara." my Mum said.

I lifted up my head and walked out of the kitchen back to my room. As I shut the door, I pushed Zayden up straight in his bed and laid down next to him.