Chapter Forty Five|| It's Going to be Okay

{Madeline's POV}

"I-I" I stuttered trying to find my words as he stood facing me with an angry look. 

"I told you that the minute you find out that you're pregnant I wanted to know."

"Its not like it's been weeks, Ryker! I found out this morning!" I nearly yelled. 

"Why didn't you tell me then?" He asked exasperatedly. 

"Because it isn't something that fits normally into a conversation, Ryker. What was I supposed to do walk up and say 'hey I'm pregnant' and be done with it?" He sighed placing his hands on his hips, "I would've liked to have known." 

"I was scared, okay? The last time this happened the baby died. Quite frankly, this is causing me to be stressed too so if we could act like normal civilized people for two seconds i'd greatly appreciate it." I said feeling my heart be frantically. 

As if something snapped in him his features softened in seconds. 

"Im sorry. Im just as worried as you are." He mumbled and I just took a deep breath in trying to calm down. 

"That's why you wouldn't drink the wine at dinner tonight, wasn't it?" He asked and I nodded. 

"I should have known." He mumbled to himself rubbing a hand over his face. 

"Im scared, Ryker. I can't go through that again. What... what if there is something truly wrong with me?" I asked and he grabbed my hand pulling me to him. 

"We can go see a doctor and get everything looked over. Im sure it will be fine. Last time the doctor said it was just stress, nothing else, but if you want we can go see her again." I nodded. 

"I want to." 

"Okay, we will first thing tomorrow. You need to rest." 

We made our way to the bed leaving the mess on the floor not caring anymore. I was just exhausted

I laid down with Ryker and he pulled the covers over us. His arms circled me and wrapped me in his embraced and a sigh of being content left me. 

"I love you." He said kissing my forehead. 

"I love you too." 

****

My knee bounced nervously as I chewed on my fingernails, a nervous habit of mine. 

"Stop doing that, it's not good for you." He mumbled grabbing ahold of my hand bringing it to his lips as he placed a soft kiss on top. 

The room of the doctor's office was white and plain. I felt sick honestly. 

"Im just so nervous." I muttered. 

"I know, gattina." It was barely above a whisper as it left his lips and I realized he was just as nervous. 

The door opened and my heartbeat quickened. 

"Hello Madeline, how are you doing?" She asked politely as she took a seat on her stool in front of me. 

"Im fine." I replied and she looked over some papers and things she had. 

"Well, after all the test we took..." Oh get on with it!

"It looks like... everything is perfectly fine." She said confused. 

"You said miscarriage is big in your family?" She asked and I nodded. 

"My mother told me. She said it was hard trying to get pregnant." She nodded clicking her pen and wrote something down. 

"Do you know if your mother had problems with her thyroid?" She asked and I thought about it. 

"Now that you mention it, yeah. As a kid when I was growing up it was hard on her. But what does that have to do with a pregnancy?" I asked. 

"If one has a thyroid problem and it's untreated and your hyperthyroidism is more severe, your mother's doctor may prescribe antithyroid medicines, which cause your thyroid to make less thyroid hormone. This treatment prevents too much of your thyroid hormone from getting into your baby's bloodstream. If not treated it could or will cause miscarriages. The last time you were here we sent out test for your thyroid and they all came back as perfect." 

"So you're saying..."

"It's all in the genes. Some kids get their mom's eye color and some don't and get their dad's instead, for example. You had a chance of having a thyroid problem. It was a fifty fifty chance. Sometimes genes skip generations, and by the looks of it... it skipped you. I would continue to check your thyroid monthly to just to stay safe and if something does happen we can catch it before anything bad happens." 

Relief flooded over me. 

"So my baby is healthy? Im healthy?" She let out a small laugh, "You both are very healthy, Madeline." She said smiling and I quickly looked to Ryker beaming up at him. 

"See? I told you that you always can't think negative." He said leaning down placing a soft kiss on my lips. 

"In the meantime, I'm going to prescribe you some vitamins and other prescriptions you need to take for a healthy pregnancy. Come back next week and we'll get an ultrasound, sound okay?" I quickly nodded and she stood giving us a smile. 

"Congratulations, I'll give you all some privacy." She said and I nodded watching her leave. 

"Oh my goddess you don't know how glad I am to hear that." I told Ryker who looked relieved. 

"I know." He seemed lost in thought. 

I reached over grabbing his hand causing him to look at me. 

"We're having a baby." I said with the hugest smile on my face. 

"Indeed we are, love." He leaned down to where his forehead touched mine. 

"And I can't wait." He added. 

"We need to wait a couple weeks before telling everyone though okay?" He nodded grinning. 

"It's weird to think i'll be a dad." He pecked my lips, "And you're going to be a wonderful mother." This again made me beam with happiness. 

"Im going to try. I don't know if i'll succeed." I admitted. 

"I know you'll do just fine. I'll be there every step of the way." 

Something drifted across my mind. 

"Your mom is going to have a heart attack." I said and he groaned leaning back causing me to laugh. 

"Don't remind me."

________________________________________________________________

That is the end for Ryker and Madeline! Oh my heart. 

This was one of my favorites of the series, you guys. 

Don't worry. You'll get a very detailed epilogue. 

And of course you'll see them in the other books;)

I know a lot of people like to see what will happen before and after the birth but I did that with the war bond so this book won't have it but the intelligence bond will. Im doing it like every other. I wanted more drama and action in this book so that is why I did the ending how I did. 

I hope you guys loved this book just as much as I did!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE!

Follow me on instagram @keyleehargis :)))

For those going onto the fourth book in the series, it's the Intelligence Bond, Alpha Jackson. 

The Immaculateness Bond is up next for me to publish! I hope you're excited!!