Chapter Eighteen|| Dinners pt 1

{Madeline's POV}

Ryker and I sat in a meeting with some of the other alphas at Mason's house. Something had happened with Jackson and he was sharing it with us. 

I had zoned out for the most part as I couldn't help but see my mark on Ryker peeking out a little from the collar of his suit. 

I eventually reeled myself back into the conversation

"Ill send you over my reports that my beta wrote up." Jackson said and Mason nodded and him and we were about to dismiss when the door burst open and a girl stood stood wide-eyed breathing heavily.

"O-Octavia-pain." She got out holding her side. Mason's eyes widened and he was out the door in a flash with us trailed quickly behind him. 

"What's wrong?" He asked reaching her.

"Pain. Everywhere." She growled out and I watched as her eyes tried shifting from their original color to red and back to the color.

Was she trying to shift? 

"What's happening?" I heard Ryker ask as he walked up shrugging off his jacket to his suit.

"I- I don't know." Mason answered with an unsteady voice and Jackson walked up.

"She's fighting a partial shift." He said looking her over.

"Her eye color is shifting to a blood red. For lycan. The kid is controlling her shifting and she's fighting it. Think of it as a virus and our blood cells working against it to fight it. Her body is treating her kid like a virus." He added and our eyes widened.

"Madeline!" Ryker called and I quickly looked over to him. 

"Yes?"

"Do your thing." He said and I looked to Octavia nervously and nodded.

"Im just going to place my hand on your stomach okay?" Octavia reluctantly nodded and instantly relaxed after I placed my hand there.

I leaned in next to Octavia and was whispering sweet nothings.

"You're okay. You're both okay. Calm down. Stop fighting. You're stronger than that. Rest and fall asleep." I whispered in a melodic voice

"What is she doing?" I heard Mason ask Ryker and I tuned them out as Ryker explained  my abilities focusing on Octavia. 

Her breathing slowed and I slowly pulled my hands away feeling the child settle also. I can't believe she's pregnant. It feels that I just saw her not too long ago.

"She'll sleep for a few hours." I said softly and when I faced them Mason stared at me intensely. 

Ryker wrapped his arm around me, bringing me to his side.

"If you ever need us, please let me know. We'll be here in a heart beat. Madeline can obviously help with her pain." I nodded quickly agreeing.

"I'd love to her help. I know if that was me, I'd want someone to help me." I added.

Jackson took a seat in the kitchen and look like he was thinking things over.

"What aren't you telling me?" Mason asked and he looked from Octavia to him with a knowing look.

"Your kids full Lycan." He answered and my eyes widened. I thought that was only a myth? 

"How do you know?" He asked.

"Trust me... I know." He said hesitantly and looked back at Octavia warily.

"Mason, can I speak to you alone?" He asked standing.