Chapter Two|| Out of breath and out of reasons

{Madeline's POV}-Alpha Ryker above- 

I ran with determination. My panting was probably heard throughout the whole forest. I need to get in shape. Being at the royal palace, you don't really have to. 

I jumped grabbing onto a tree branch swinging myself over a small stream and easily made it to the other side. Running a few more feet down I quickly hid behind a tree trying to catch my breath. 

"You know..." I heard right next to my ear and let out an ear piercing scream and lunged forward to run when a hand caught my arm. 

I turned and seen the cocky man with that knowing smirk. 

"You are lousy at playing hide and seek." He said his eyes looked me over amused. 

"Alpha Ryker." I said as he circled me like I was his prey. 

He wasn't even out of breath, how'd he catch up with me so quickly? He's the alpha of power, of course he would. 

"Tell me, why'd you run?" he asked pausing in front of me. 

"I-I don't know." I stuttered out mentally face palming myself. 

"Im not that bad of a person you know?" I shrugged at his response and he sighed. 

"Where were you when all that commotion went on?" he asked and I gave him a confused look. 

"Commotion?" I asked. 

"When the queen showed up with Octavia and got man handled." My eyes widened. 

"Oh my god." I mumbled. 

"You didn't know?" He asked his jaw clenching and I looked down embarrassingly. 

"I was upstairs." I mumbled. 

"With a guy?" He asked and I gave him a horrified look. 

"God no... I was hiding in the bathroom until we left." I said sheepishly looking down and soon heard his laughter. 

"Then why did you run?" he asked. 

"Im Christian's cousin. I kinda said it was an all girls party and there wouldn't be alcohol so I couldn't let him see me." I said and Ryker looked at me amused. 

"So you jumped from a two story window? It was hot, I do have to admit." My cheeks reddened as I looked away awkwardly. 

"Yeah..." 

"Well, thanks to you Christian found his mate. She left with Octavia to go to the mall and turns out they ditched their guard. Christian remembered you talking about a party and Octavia being... well Octavia, he figured they might come." He said.

They were here because of me?! Oh god, Mckenzie is going to kill me. 

He took a step closer and grabbed my chin gently. 

"But that doesn't answer why you ran from... me?" I tensed as he stared intensely at me, all humor set aside. 

"I don't know." I said yet again and his hand dropped. 

"Well, you're my mate. There is no going around that." He said and I squinted my eyes. 

"Maybe I don't want to be your mate." I fired back and he looked at me annoyed. 

"And why's that?" He asked. 

"I- I have a boyfriend." I lied and he laughed. 

"Good try, but just like your lack of being good at games, you lack the trait of being a good liar." I stared agape at him. 

"You really want to know the reason?" I asked shoving him back lightly. 

"Lay it on me, babe." 

"You're cocky, arrogant, and such a narcissistic bastard, I don't know how anyone puts up with you. Oh! Don't even get me started on your player-ish ways. Wouldn't want to catch an STD,  would I?" I sneered and he raised a brow. 

"Are you done?" he asked and I folded my arms giving him a sharp nod. 

"And do you want to know what I learned about you in the span of ten minutes?" I remained quiet as he grinned at me. 

"You can't run worth shit. Honestly, you run like a chicken with its head cut off. You aren't sneaky at all. To me you seem like a snarky royal brat that whines when daddy doesn't buy her what she wants. You accuse me of being a player, which I admit, I can't help it when I see a pretty girl, but you're just jealous and won't admit it because that takes being the bigger person. Tell me, did I hit the nail right on the head?" he asked and I scoffed. 

"I Madeline Allen, reject you- ah!" I let out a screech when he easily picked me up throwing me over his shoulder. 

"Yeah, I wouldn't attempt that." He said and I could hear his smirk. 

"Put me down!" I yelled pounding on his back.

"No can do, babe. I hope you like the Power Pack because I'm not letting you go anytime soon." 

***

I paced around I Ryker's office royally pissed. 

He sat behind his desk with a grin as he talked on the phone with Christian. 

"Yeah, she's fine. Thanks man. Yeah I will, uh huh... sounds fine. Alright, bye." he hung up and folded his hands grinning at me. 

"What'd he say?" I asked, surely Christian wouldn't leave his dear cousin with this lunatic. 

"Congratulations man, she's a great girl. Ill inform her parents and get her things sent straight over." Ryker mocked and my jaw dropped. 

"Looks like you're stuck with me, gattino." 

"What the hell is a gattino?" I asked and he chuckled. 

"Wouldn't you like to know." He said and I squinted my eyes. 

Curse him and his Italian background. He sighed and stood up. 

"Are you hungry?" he asked and I looked at him skeptically. 

"Maybe." I mumbled and he chuckled shaking his head. 

"You're not going to make this easy on me are you?" I shrugged. 

"What would a snarky royal do?" I mocked. 

"Probably what an arrogant bastard would." he said and I couldn't help but let out a laugh. 

"Something to eat sounds fine." I mumbled and he gave me a small smile. 

"Come on." he said walking towards the door. 

____________________________________________________________________________

I loved this chapter, ahhh. 

They're perfect for each other, who agrees? 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

SHARE

SHARE

SHARE

I love you guys! Thanks for all the reads :') 

I won't update this book as frequently as I update the war book, so bare with me please.