Chapter Sixteen|| Siren

{Madeline's POV}

Staring in the mirror, I looked at the blood scattered across my face. Everything felt so unreal. We just experience war... and won. 

"You okay?" I heard and turned looking at Ryker. 

"Not really." I mumbled walking to the shower and turned it on letting it heat up. 

"Today on the field. You shifted to human form. You could have gotten yourself killed. What was up with that?" He asked and I sighed looking away. 

"I... got scared." I lied. 

"I knew I shouldn't have let you come." He said to himself and I nodded. "Yeah. I was just a clueless wolf." I said a little more sharper than I should have. His features softened and he shook his head. 

"I didn't mean it like that, Mads." I shrugged. 

"It's fine. Im going to take a shower." I said and he nodded clearly not wanting to let this conversation go. 

"Ill shower next door." He replied shutting the door behind him as he left. 

"Goddess what has my life become?" I muttered. 

I quickly stripped getting into the shower and started scrubbing my body with soap trying to get the memories of today off. 

The deaths were almost overbearing.

Not to mention I didn't even know who I was anymore. I was utterly confused. 

A siren? Call it a gift from the Moon Goddess. 

***

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ryker asked as he pulled back the covers of the bed on his side and I repeated his actions. 

"Yeah, just shaken up." I said softly and climbed in pulling the covers over me. 

"Come here." He said as he got in and I scooted over to him and he pulled him into his embrace. 

"You can talk to me, you know? I know taking a life is hard, but sometime you have to do what you the necessary thing. It was you or them." He told me and I nodded. 

"I know, it's just..." Should I tell him? 

"Ryker.."

"Yes?" he asked hesitantly. 

"Alara... she told me something today on the field." I felt him tense. 

"And?" He asked a little sharper. He was clearly not fond of her. 

"She said I was a ... siren. Is that even possible?" I asked and he quickly looked down at me confused. 

"A siren? Where would she get that idea?" He asked and I shrugged not knowing the answer myself. 

"I shifted in the middle of the fight and this guy... he came at me and I pleaded for him to stop as I panicked and he... did. He approached me like he was in a trance and I panicked and killed him. I ripped out his heart Ryker." I said and sat up looking at him. 

"I don't know what to say." he said deep in thought. 

"A siren is a creature that leads people to their death. It was a myth of the sea. How can a wolf be a siren? It can't be possible." I mumbled and my mind drifted to this morning as I was in the shower and that... voice spoke to me. 

"Alara... after she told me this, I asked her how she knew and she replied 'she tells me everything' it didn't make sense now but what if that she is someone powerful." I said and he squinted his eyes.