Chapter Five|| Training

{Madeline's POV}

I glared at him from across the room. I had been here for a few days and I have dreaded every moment of it. I had no friends. Nothing to do, and Ryker dragged me to all his meetings. Even made me get up at the crack of dawn like he does. I guess I'd be lying if I say I wanted to leave him, but doing nothing and being commanded around didn't settle with me.

"You know they say if your face sits like that for too long, it'll stick." Ryker said not looking up from his papers.

"I've sat in this damn office for hours watching you do paper work." I said annoyed and he sighed looking up at me.

"Then go explore the pack?" He said and I sat up curiously.

"Really?" I asked and he laughed.

"Im just shitting with you. Im almost done. Can you not wait?" He asked and I growled.

"Ill do anything but this. This is boring, okay? B to the ... oring..." I didn't think that as through as I should have. He looked at me with an annoyed look and finally stood from his desk.

"Do you know how to fight?" He asked taking off the jacket of his suit and my eyes widened.

"No?" He smirked. "Good." he rolled the sleeves of his button up to his elbows and started walking towards the doors to his office. "Well? Come on!" He said and I groaned.

"This is not what I wanted to do." I followed him out the door and downstairs.

"You said anything? You brought this upon yourself." As he walked I saw a girl grin at him as she walked by with a wink. My expression furrowed. The satisfied look on her face when she did sent me into a frenzy and I gasped.

"You slept with her?!" I said and he turned looking at me.

"No, she simply showed up in my room nearly naked. It could have led to something else, but I was having a bad day." I don't even want to think about his good days.

"Besides, why do you think I lock the floor to my room now? It's shit like that." He grumbled.

"I thought you worshiped this? You know... they women falling at your feet; the pampering?" He shrugged.

"Yeah, it was nice and all, but sometimes it was too much. Annoying even. It's not attractive when a woman throws herself at you. I would lie if I say I had never accepted one's invitation, but no, I do not worship it." I was surprised to say the least.

We showed up in front of a door and he pushed it open and I seen a gym. You've got to be kidding me.

"Im going to be training you from now on." he said and I raised an eyebrow as we walked in.

"Why?" He laughed.

"Have you not looked around and noticed the war that was declared? If you want me to trust you in going places without me, this is how. It will give me a sort of peace to know you can defend yourself." I looked down at my attire.

I was wearing sweatpants and a tank top. My things were shipped in today, thankfully. I looked Ryker up and down.

"You're not dressed properly. Looks like we can't." I said with fake sadness.

"Ill be fine." He smirked and I growled.

***

"OW!" I groaned as I was flipped on my back once more. Ryker had my arms pinned above me basically straddling me.

"You're not trying." he said and I was basically panting out of breath. How was he so calm?

"Not trying?! Im giving it my best! I was never taught this." I yelled up at him.