Chapter Three|| Snarky comments

{Madeline's POV}

I sat on the bar stool in the kitchen watching as Ryker easily cooked something. Is there anything he can't do? I thought bitterly. I rested my arms on the bar table and mentally groaned. He looked kissable. Edible. I hate myself.

"Are you going to stare at me like that all night?" he asked.

"Like what?"

"Like you don't know if you want to kiss me or hit me." I scoffed.

"Like i'd want to kiss you." I mumbled folding my arms. He stirred what was ever in the pan amused.

"Interesting." he mumbled and I looked at him curiously.

"What is? Your lack of manners?" I fired and he grinned shaking his head.

"Do you enjoy saying horrible remarks?" he asked.

"I think they're quite amazing if you ask me."

"Too bad I didn't." He said portioning the food out onto two plates and slid me one as I shot daggers at him.

"You're a real pain in the ass, you know that? What even is this?" I asked looking at the food.

"One, thank you I'm honored. Two, it's stir fry, do you never branch out with food?" he asked.

"Wait don't tell me... you sit around eating macaroons." He said taking the bar stool next to me.

"Whattt, no. I- uh don't." I picked up my fork and picked up some of the food and tried it.

Holy hell, this was amazing.

"Im not just a master in the bed, I'm a quite good cook too." He said and I nearly choked on my food.

"You're disgusting." I said grimacing and he just grinned taking a bite of his food.

"Really I don't know how people put up with you... you're just-" I stopped when he leaned in.

"Im just... what?" He asked super close to me.

He is invading my personal space and I do not like it. I think.

"Y-you're just.. You're.."

"Irresistible? Oh I know." he said leaning back giving me an award winning smile returning to eat.

"Nope. You aren't at all. I think you're quite harsh on the eyes." I lied stuffing food in my mouth.

"Mmhm. Totally. I usually make all the girls stutter like you." He mocked.

Damn me and my stuttering.

"Don't worry. It's cute." he stood up, his plate now empty which I don't know how he ate so quickly.

"Tell me... why'd you choose that dress?" he asked.

I looked down instantly regretting my choice of clothing. The dress felt way to revealing now.

"I thought it was cute." I said and he smiled looking me over once more.

"Mm, very." He winked and turned around walking to the fridge and grabbed two water bottles.

"You look thirsty." He said and tossed me one and I caught it easily.

"Says you." I challenged and he shrugged.

"Maybe you shouldn't wear dresses like that."

"Maybe guys should control themselves. Us girls can." I said and popped the cap taking a drink staring at him the whole time.

He walked around the bar and grinned down at me.

"What?" I asked taking another drink.

"You have lipstick on your teeth." he said and basically I spit the water out embarrassed and clearly not thinking.

"Where?" I asked flicking my tongue over my teeth but covering my mouth at the same time.

Looking up Ryker held a serious expression. I bursted out laughing as water dripped from his face.

"Oh my god." I muttered holding my stomach but my laughing came to a halt as I felt water dump over my head and I let out a shriek hopping up.

"Ryker!"

"Madeline!" He mocked letting out a laugh.

His husky voice was to die for and I hated him even more for it. I was supposed to be hating him, not craving him.

"You're dead." I said and he cocked his head to the side.

"How?"

"Oh you won't be expecting it." I said grabbing my plate and raked the rest of the food off it into the trash and sat my plate in the sink turing to face him.

"Is that so?" I nodded and walked to the fridge.

Opening it I grinned and seen the eggs.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Grabbing some... pudding." I said and grabbed it, "Want a cup?" I asked my back still facing him.

"Sure." He said curiously.

"Great." I mumbled and turned and handed him some and watched as he opened it. I mimicked his actions and went to brush past him when I 'accidentally' tripped and launched forward letting the pudding go all over him.

Laughter escaped me as it was smeared against his crisp clean suit and he clenched his jaw pausing with his own pudding.

"Whoops. That's gonna need to see a dry cleaner." I said and I watched as his pudding dropped from his hands and he went to take steps towards me and immediately I stepped away from the fridge and took off running.

I felt like a child, but could care less. This was... nice.

"Oh how I love a chase, gattina." He called out as my laughter bounced off the walls of the house.

Running up some stairs I took off on the next floor and looked around quickly. I heard him coming up the steps and ran down the hall taking lefts and rights. I saw another set of stairs and ran up them. There was a door at the top and I went to open it but it was locked.

What?

I hesitantly turned to see if I could make it back down, and I nearly fell out in the floor. At the bottom of the stairs a humored Ryker stood dangling a key.

"Well damn." I mumbled.

This was every chick in a horror movies worst nightmare.

"Cute. You thought you could hide from me in my house. Tsk tsk." He started up the steps and my heart sped up.

"Wrong choice." he said staring up at me with an emotion I couldn't quite grasp.

_____________________________________________________________

Sorry for any grammatical errors. Everyone knows I just finished the royal bond *Gasp*

I love this couple so much tbh. Their bantering just makes me so happy and makes me laugh as I write it.

It reminds me of me and this guy.

Anyways yeah... I loved this chapter, and you'll love the next chapter.

Until then... you know what's coming

Vote...

Comment.........

SHARE!

YALL THERE ARE THREE CHAPS UP AND WE'RE ALREADY RISING IN WEREWOLF RANKINGS LIKE SOME BOOKS DONT EVEN HAVE RANKINGS AND WERE ALREADY RANKED AHHHHHH

ILY