Chapter Twelve|| Hot stuff

{Madeline's POV}

"H-his mate?" I asked with wide eyes. Didn't he just find his mate?

"Not his true mate, but he marked me, we mated, and we became mates. Even though I was a mere human, I was luna at one point. Not long though. After Megan killed his parents he became sort of like a shell with nothing on the inside. He was harsh and detached. I went for a checkup one day and figured out I had cancer. Our genetics aren't as strong as wolves are." She looked down at her hands sadly. I felt so sorry for this woman.

"I told him and he didn't take it well. He tried everything. Witches, doctors, but nothing worked. Until we heard about what happened to Ryker's sister. I didn't want to die. Call me selfish but I begged him to call Ryker. He hates vampires. They helped Megan kill his parents, and ever since then he can't stand them. He said if I did that to never come back, so I did and I never once looked back. It took me years to move on but I met Jax and everything got a lot better. I will always care for Mason, even if he doesn't care about me."

"Im so sorry." I said reaching across the table taking her hand in mine and she gave me a sad smile.

"Don't be. Im quite happy now. Plus, it was only fate working. He had a true mate out there, and he found her." She gave my hand a gentle squeeze and I smiled and pulled back.

"Now, who's Dante?" I asked and the girls laughed.

"Ryker really tells you nothing, huh?" I shook my head. 

"Dante is my beloved." Lachlan spoke up and my eyes widened. 

"It's like a mate to wolves." Makes sense. 

"I was shot and lets just say he turned me before I could actually die." She said and I furrowed my brows. 

"Are you not still with him?" She shook her head. 

"He left me when Christian demanded the vampires to leave. I was hesitant on leaving with him because I loved these guys, but they talked me into it and by the time I made it to the border he had already left me. He didn't call, he didn't write, I was heartbroken." She responded and I frowned. 

This night just went sappy.

"I would consider Ryker would have told you speaking he already marked you." Raven pointed out.

I blushed looking down. "I was a wimp when I went through heat. It helped with the pain." I said and Raven chuckled.

"Wait, have you guys even kissed yet?" Ashlynn asked.

"Not... a real full on kiss." I admitted and the girls stared agape at me.

"Oh it is on. Mission get Ryker whipped is in action. Okay here is the plan." Lachlan said leaning in and the others leaned in smirking.

Oh my god.

"Seduction is the best way to go." Vivian said and I scoffed.

"I am not seducing him! He'll kiss me when he is ready!" I defended but the shushed me.

"Okay then." I mumbled.

***

"Remember the plan." Ashlynn said pointing a finger at me as we walked up the steps of the mansion and I let out a laugh.

"Im not seducing him you guys." I said and the three girls groaned.

"Oh come on!" Raven said.

"He's your brother! Why are we even discussing this?" I asked with a small laughed.

"Brother shmuther." She waved off and I looked at her amused.

"Shmuther?" I asked and she shrugged.