If Only I Knew

I looked over the balcony ledge and towards the falls. The quietness of my home and the sweet smelling breeze that blow through the air made me think, How could I of ever hated this place? I looked up to admire the pink coloured skys.

"Home, at last" I sighed to myself.

The travel back seemed much faster. Legolas' Aragorn, Gimli and I spoke of the future and what was to follow the ending of the Fellowship. I smiled slightly to myself at the thought of Legolas and I spending forever, with each other. When we arrived, everyone greeted us with open arms. All except my Father. He has not said one word to me and it frightened me slightly.

Perhaps this was to good to be true. I wasn't going to stay, I wasn't going to be with Legolas. My smiled faded and I looked down at my palm where I held the necklace that Lady Galadriel gave us. Its name was A'mael, meaning Beloved. I lifted A'mael and held it close to my chest. I know what I had to do.

"How does it feel?" A soft and gentle voice came from behind me. Before I could say anything, 2 strong, manly arms enveloped me into a loving embrace. The sweet smell of pine and woods filled my nose.

"How does what feel, my love?" I questioned him. My back was pressed towards his stomach and his hands rested on my tummy. I lay my hands on his.

"To be home? With your people? With your Family." He muttered as he left little light pecks on my exposed neck. I smiled but it quickly faded. I turned to face him and shot him a sad glance.

"What is it?" He tucked his finger under my chin and made me look up at him.

"Its us." I whispered. My voice sounded weak and fragile.

"I haven't talked to my Father yet. I don't think he will allow me to stay with you, Legolas." I pulled my chin away from him and faced the stone floor.

"What are you saying?" He tucked a stray hair behind my ear. He cupped my cheek and he rubbed circles on the corners of my mouth. I took in a breath of air then looked down to my palm.

"Here" I said as I brought his hand in between us. I placed the A'mael in his palm then closed it tight so he could not refuse.

"This was never meant for me. It was for you. One day, a beautiful women will carry your children, and I will be in Valior with my people. Just promise your will give this to your first born?" We both looked down at his palm while he opened it. His face dropped and I thought that I heard his heart break.

"Have I no say in this? Well what if I don't want anyone else to Mother my children, only you? I want you to stay... Please" He slowly looked up at me and his eyes were cloudy with tears. His voice was so quiet and weak. I've never heard that from Legolas, ever. My cheeks were damp from my tears that trickled down.

"It isn't up to me." I shrugged slowly then cupped on of his cheeks. I sent him a reassuring smile. I pulled his towards me. His lips brushed mine then our lips inter locked. My hands rested on his chest while his wrapped around my waist. Our kiss was unexplainable. All the emotion we had for one another was intertwined with out kiss. With any words, I know, he would always love me forever. I pulled away and hugged him. I held him tight and slightly sob on his shoulder while cooed me. Soothing things.

"I will love you, forever." I whispered into his ear.

"Forever." He whispered back. I pulled away and wiped my tears. He stretched out his hand and I gladly took it.

We were making our way towards the door when there was the sound of foot steps running down the hall.

"Erillin! Legolas! He's awake!" A familiar voice rang through the hallway. Pippin quickly burst through the door, he was panting and a grin was spread across his face.

"Frodo's awake." His grin grew brighter. I held tighter to Legolas' hand and pulled him out the door following Pippin. He lead us to a spare room when Frodo rested. Pippin dashed in to see him. I looked at Legolas once more then took an intake of breath. I let go of his hand and walked into the room. Pippin, Sam and Merry sat on the bed with Frodo and told stories of our adventure. Frodo slowly turned his head and face me where I stood my the door. His eyes lit up in delight.

"Erillin!" He whispered then smiled. I clasped my hands together in joy then rushed over to him.

"My Dear Frodo!" I happily sang. I embraced him and he hugged me back. I held him tightly not wanting to let go. I kissed the top of his head.

"Its over, Frodo. You did it. Its all over." I whispered to him. We pulled apart and all the other Hobbits watched me.

"I'm proud of you, all of you." I kissed each of they foreheads then back away towards the door.

"Frodo!" I scruffy voice boomed from the door way. Gimli came running in and went to Frodo. I smiled widely in the sight of us all being reunited again. Aragorn and Legolas stood beside each other by the door. I squeezed in between then and we all looked at each other. I intertwined my fingers with Legolas then held hands with Aragorn with my other.

"Our lives will forever change. All of us." I told them while I looked at both of them.

Sooner or later, Legolas will become King of Mirkwood. He will find the perfect Maiden to be his Queen and they will live happily forever.

Now, Aragorn, he will be the greatest King that Gondor has ever seen. He will be blessed with many children with Arwen and they too, will live happily together.

Then me, what will become of me? Will I have to suffer the rest of my life all alone in a place so far off from my friends and Sister? Or is there a better plan for me? If only I knew.