No Matter What

We were back in Minas Tirith as I prepare for Aragorn's coronation. I was so happy for him. He's finally excepted his Kingly role. He was going to be an amazing King to the people of Gondor.

I stared at myself though the full body mirror. My long hair was left out and was wavy. My purple dress fit my body perfectly and I wore a tiara on my head. For once I didn't mind all of this. As I prepared myself there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I called toward the direction of the door. I heard the door creak open. I looked over my shoulder and my eyes were met with my sisters.

"Arwen?!" I was shocked. She looked so healthy and more beautiful then ever. I've missed her so much. I ran to her and pulled her into a hug.

"I've missed you!" She choked out. Oh no, was she crying? I pulled away from her and held her shoulders.

"Why do you cry, sister?" I chuckled at her.

"Tears of Joy! My sister has come home!" Her laughed as she wiped away her tears.

"Have you seen him yet?" I asked her excitedly. Her smiled dropped and her shook her head. She knew who I was talking about, Aragorn. Suddenly, there was another figure that walked though the door.

"Erillin" He voice was soothing. And his presents enlightened my spirit.

"Father." I walked over to hug him. I held him tight and so did he.

"I'm home." I smiled proudly at him. He smiled, nodded, kissed my cheek, then left. He didn't say one thing about me staying. He didn't say anything to me at all. My heart broke and my smile faded as a tear slipped down my cheek. Arwen pulled me into a hug and cooed my softly.

The Coronation was about to begin and I stood next to Legolas in front of all the Rivendell Elves.

"Now comes the days of the King. May they be blessed" I watched as Aragorn knelt on one leg and how Gandalf placed the Crown on his head. I smiled widely for my brother was finally a King. We all applaud in happiness.

"This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together Rebuild this world that we man share in the days of peace." Aragorn said proudly. At that moment I let a slight breeze sweep over the coronation causing the petals of the White Tree to fall and dance gracefully around us. My eyes met Aragorn's.

"A Blessing. From me to You." I mouthed to him. He smiled brightly.

"Hannon Le, Onoone (Thank you, sister)" He mouthed back. Aragorn walked down the steps as we all clapped for him. I looked around at the familiar faces.

Eoywn was there standing next to Faramir. I watched as she looked at him with love. Finally they were happy together.

Soon enough, our claps died down and a sweet sounding voice filled the air as Aragorn started to sing.

"Et Eërello Endorenna utulien

Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta. (Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place I will abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.)" Aragorn sings. He then started making his way over to us. Everyone bowed as he passed them by. Aragorn nodded at Faramir and Eowyn then made his way through the crowd. He stopped in front of us and gave Legolas a friendship grip. I smiled at them both. Then Aragorn placed each hand on one of mine and Legolas' shoulder.

"We are proud of you, Brother." I told him with a smirk.

"Hannon Le." He said leaning in and kissing my forehead. Legolas and I looked at each other then separated making a way for Aragorn to see what is behind us. Arwen stood there behind a banner. She moved it to the side and looked up at him. They slowly made their way towards each other meeting in the center. He grabbed her and pulled her into the most loving embrace I have every witnessed. Their lips attached to each others.

I looked at them with a saddened expression because I wanted that. I wanted to be able to hold Legolas and be able to tell him that I wasn't going anywhere. I wanted to tell him that I would stay with him, forever. I looked over at Legolas then intertwined my fingers with his. He looked down at me and sent me a reassuring smile causing me to smile back. Everyone around us started to clap but we stood there, fingers intertwined and eyes locked.

Aragorn and Arwen walked over to the hobbits that stood there. When he reached them, they bowed.

"My friends you bow to no one." I was slightly shocked along with everyone else that a King would bow for them but I knew in my heart that those 4 were the reason we were alive today. Soon after, Arwen bowed beside Aragorn. The crowed started to bow and soon the Elves did too.

The next day, we were back in Rivendale. Arwen and I said our goodbyes last night before we left and she stayed. I stood, hovering over my bed. My bag, my weapons and my pouch all lay on my bed in front of me. These items were the last things that I had to serve as a reminder of the Fellowship, of this Adventure, of Legolas. That, and a mere memory.

I had to accept the facts, this was all happening, I was really leaving. Tomorrow would be the day I get to kiss Legolas, hold Legolas, and say goodbye to him for the last time. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to my love but he would always have a place in my heart, No matter what.