Chapter Sixteen

The two wolves approached him and slowed down when they were a few feet away. Alex wasn't intimidated by their large sizes, he had seen their wolf forms many times. Cole was a large light brown wolf, with darker patches. Archer's wolf was a deep chocolate brown. To a normal person, they would have seemed like giant, wild wolves, and any normal person would have run screaming from their intimidating stances, but Alex's heart didn't even speed up a beat.  

They stood side by side, and Archer growled softly at Alex. They suddenly changed out of their wolf forms and into their human ones. Suddenly there were two naked men standing in front of Alex and he then realised why Archer had growled, Alex was standing right next to the bags containing their clothes.

"Hello there little one, what a surprise," Archer smirked the moment he was in his human form, not even attempting to hide his nakedness.

From his angle, Alex could clearly see both of their bite marks that they had received when they turned. Cole's was on collarbone, a similar place to where his own was placed. Archer's though was right on his neck, the top of the scar would stand out even when he wore a shirt, but Alex guessed that he must cover it with some sort of make-up when he was at school, as he had never noticed it when he was there.

"Could you throw us our bags?" Cole requested, and Alex wasted no time throwing a bag at each of them. Archer caught it with one hand and took his time getting dressed, something that Alex did not enjoy.

Once they were both clothed in basic shirts and shorts, they walked up to Alex.

"You know, there aren't many people in these woods, but it's still not safe to just run around. There could be hunters or joggers," Alex told them and Archer only shrugged.

Cole spoke, "You don't need to worry for our safety, we are careful."

Before Alex could reply, Archer rolled his eyes and spoke to Cole, "Oh I don't think that little one here was as worried about the guns shooting us, as us ripping the heads off the poor, innocent, gun wielding hunters."

"Oh," Cole muttered.

Alex shrugged. "You know as well as I do that we can't always control what we do when we turn. Wolves are instinctual creatures."

"There's no need to worry, little one, I didn't murder anyone today." Alex winced at Archers over use of that nickname.

"Just be careful around these parts," Alex told them.

"We will be, thank-you Alex," Cole said, "and thank-you for agreeing to come with us, I know that having us here has been somewhat difficult for you, but you have done well adjusting and saying your goodbyes."

Alex nodded.

It was silent for a few moments until Cole's bag started ringing. He pulled a cell phone out of it and took a glance at the caller ID. "I''ll be back," he told them before ducking behind a tree to answer the phone call without them listening in.

Archer strolled up to Alex. "You were once friends with that Roxy girl, right?" His usual harsh tone was gone, and although his voice still had a hint of that sinister tone it always had, he seemed to speak quietly, and less sure of himself than he usually would.

"Yeah.." Alex trailed, confusion clear in his tone.

Archer took a glance back at the tree that Cole was standing behind, and then looked back at Alex once he seemed to be sure that they weren't being listening in on. "If you still care about her, make sure that she stays away from Cole."

"What? Why? What is he going to do?" Alex asked, slight panic in his words.

Archer spoke in a hushed tone, "Just take it from me alright, you might not trust me, but this benefits all of us."