Chapter Five

"Home? What are you two even doing in the country!? I am already home, and you two should be back at the pack house. You shouldn't be here!" Alex's voice carried through the forest, and he looked around himself, just to double check that no one was listening in on their conversation.

The two guys seemed unfazed by Alex's outburst, both standing before him, full of confidence.

"This isn't your home anymore Alex, you should know that by now," Cole told him with an emotionless voice.

"You belong with the pack, in Italy. Not here," Archer told him, "these people don't understand you. These people will hurt you if they find out what you know, or you could hurt them Alex."

Alex shook his head. "I wouldn't hurt my family."

Archer stepped forward, causing Alex to move back, stepping on the leaves and grass which lined the forest floor. "You can't control it, little one," he said in a low voice.

Alex had always hated the nickname of 'little one', it made him feel young and small, and he was absolutely sure that the effect was exactly what Archer had desired. Alex wasn't young, nor was he small, he was taller than Archer, but as a wolf he was young. He was the youngest wolf in the pack that he knew of, and Archer had just loved that fact, Alex knew it. Archer loved to be in charge, and so naturally he opposed Alex's good nature and natural leadership qualities. Archer wanted to be the leader of others, and Alex knew that he envied the Alphas power. He wasn't Alpha, but Archer was second in charge, and loving it.  

"Don't you remember what happens when you get angry, when you get upset?" Archer continued, and Alex was suddenly angered. Of course he knew, of course he remembered what he had done.

Alex opened his mouth to reply but Cole spoke first.

"Do you remember that night, you hurt people Alex. Don't you remember?"

"Don't I remember? I remember what I did every single night before I fall asleep, I remember their screams! I have done everything to make sure that what happened that night never happens again. I cut all my ties, I never get angry, I never let myself do anything because of that night!"

"You can try, but you can't control it Alex. One day you will make a mistake, and you will hurt people you love. You are alone here, when you shift you won't be able to control what you do, and you will become a danger to everyone around you and even yourself. If you change because of anger, even just once, you could hurt your mother or even your brother."

Alex opened his mouth to refute the words, but it was no use. He knew that what Archer was saying was the truth.

"Come with us Alex," Cole pled, allowing only a sliver of emotion to enter his voice.

"Why do you want me to come back to Italy? It can't be for my benefit." Alex almost rolled his eyes, there was no way that Archer would come across the world to help a fellow wolf, even if they were supposed to be in the same pack.

"We are pack brothers Alex," Archer spoke almost convincingly well, pouring emotion into his tone, "we just want to help you, we want our pack to be together, to help each other, not be separated into different continents."

"That's a lie. Why are you really here?"

Archer's sympathetic expression instantly turned into a sly grin, "Well at least you aren't an idiot." Cole shot Archer an unimpressed look.

"Alpha sent us," Cole mumbled out.

"Of course he did," Alex muttered. 'I told him I was going home, I told him that I couldn't stay in Italy and he told me I could come home, he said that I could go home to my family, to my friends."